[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDM or memèrap. Which is worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: shit.jpg (123 KB, 999x753) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
123 KB, 999x753
EDM or memèrap.

Which is worse?
>>
well of those two obviously thugger.

But as a genre, probably edm, especially since i have no idea what you mean by memrap
>>
>>63922143
thugger is the best artist right now, yo
>>
>>63922203
lol, b8
>>
File: a3696428655_16.jpg (113 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3696428655_16.jpg
113 KB, 700x700
>>63922163
who o o

get a load
-of-
this guY RIGHT Here?!
>>
IT'S HAPPENING!
>>63922222
>>63922222
>>63922222
>>63922222
>>
File: kill yourself my man.png (131 KB, 762x524) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself my man.png
131 KB, 762x524
>>63922224
>>
just imagine that faggot joel without all these logos
>>
EDM obviously, if I say rap I'll just be called a racist.
>>
Is this bait?

Thugger is amazing and deadmau5 is trash. Both his music and his personality
>>
>>63922292
Thugger is a twat and makes fucking awful music.

At least Joel has made a few good tunes, and is musically competent and proficient.
>>
>>63922163
The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's meme objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our meme degenerate plebeian /mu/ that has tried to make meme us believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-meme minded", a "meme redditor" who is "born in le meme wrong generation" and there's probably some meme racial element to it too. Rap music has no staying power. All of rap is just a neo-rockist sub-genre of top meme-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job. This meme music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad meme. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold meme are actually considered when talking about them. Rap is just a really cheap/lazy meme form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "meme SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping meme it over a generic drumbeat while someone "raps" over it. The "technical meme aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old meme white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the meme image of a "rapper", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from meme backpacker shit like meme cLOUDDEAD and Atmosphere to the "golden meme days" of Public Enemy and Eric B. and Rakim to instrumental stuff like J Dilla and meme DJ Shadow to the 90s with Nas and Mobb Deep to the CLT approved A Tribe Called meme Quest and meme Digital Planets to today like meme Kendrick and Kanye. All rap is meme rap. All of it. Stop meme spamming it. Either keep it contained into one meme threads or request a containment board meme. I'm meme sick of coming on /mu/ and seeing a million meme Kanye threads (none of which are about music btw).
>>
File: Tomorrowland2016V1.jpg (83 KB, 520x330) Image search: [Google]
Tomorrowland2016V1.jpg
83 KB, 520x330
>>63922143
>which is worse
fucking cunt who wants to belong somewhere. stop hating genres as whole and get into individual artists. you dont suck lil waynes cock but you suck kanye´s all the time so you cant say all rap is bad, same with EDM there´s 100´s of things to get into so you have absolutely no reason to be a bitter cunt online. relax get weed get a girlfriend and think again.
>>
>>63922695
Do post your favourite electro-swing, smooth jazz and crunkcore faves
>>
File: tb.jpg (596 KB, 1966x1229) Image search: [Google]
tb.jpg
596 KB, 1966x1229
>>63922710
aaand here u go (^:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NFS8WXfCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxcGyWHfgRE
>>
>>63922143
Memerap is fun so I'd say EDM, but comparing the two is kinda unfair and weird. Also you should use more specific terms, isn't EDM pretty much an umbrella term?
>>63922163
Lmao. No.
>>63922607
I know this is b8, but for anyone who actually believes this (and I know there are people like this on /mu/), pls be ignorant in contained faggot threads
>>
>>63922768
EDM is objectively more fun than memerap in all ways
>>
>>63922143
Both suck senpai
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.