[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Beatles' Solo Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
So I finished listening to the entire Beatles' solo album discography and here I rank 25 of the solo albums released by The Beatles in one list.

Funnily enough, George Harrison started out strongly but his following albums are shit and kinda forgettable until Cloud 9 imo. Paul has such a vast discography, and while most of it is pleasant, it is also forgettable that you just breeze through the albums and forget that you listened to music, or something like that. John Lennon has some strong tracks interspersed through a bunch of shit, so you kinda have to listen through the shitty songs for those gems. Ringo is a combination of Paul and George, in which many songs are somewhat pleasant enough but they lose their fun quality that it becomes a chore to continue to listen to them.

All in all, All Things Must Pass is definitely the one album you can't miss post-Beatles. Feel free to agree or disagree.

>1. All Things Must Pass
>2. Ram
>3. Off The Ground
>4. John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
>5. Cloud 9
>6. Ringo
>7. London Town
>8. Imagine
>9. Brainwashed
>10. Ringo's Rotogravure
>11. Band On The Run
>12. Flaming Pie
>13. Walls and Bridges
>14. Time Is Time
>15. Somewhere In England
>16. Double Fantasy
>17. Chaos and Creation In The Backyard
>18. Driving Rain
>19. Goodnight Vienna
>20. Living In The Material World
>21. McCartney
>22. Mind Games
>23. Somewhere In New York City
>24. Vertical Man
>25. Beaucoups of Blues
>>
>also, despite Yoko Ono being a shit singer, I've been digging Sunday Bloody Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04SWbdk6EAw
>>
>>63920304
Ringo's s/t really that high? Above Imagine and Band on the Run?
>>
>>63920304
>london town on the list
>venus and mars is not

nigga what
>>
Where's Y Not?
>>
File: ringostarr-ynot.jpg (24 KB, 717x717) Image search: [Google]
ringostarr-ynot.jpg
24 KB, 717x717
>Y Not
>not first
>>
>>63920304
where's stop and smell the roses
>>
File: 39f.jpg (9 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
39f.jpg
9 KB, 257x196
>>63920591
Imagine and Band on the Run are not really my favorites though, usually I'm harsher on the "hit" albums and they didn't make as much of an impact. Plus, Ringo is pretty fun to listen to.

>>63920629
Both the title track and the reprise are on my favorite songs of the solo albums, but I did not like the rest of the album.

>>63920658
Like Venus and Mars comment above, Walk With You is a favorite song, but Ringo's later albums are meh.
>>
>>63920712
but letting go, medicine jar, and magneto and titanium man are hella rockin tho ://///
>>
>>63920629
>not liking Mull of Kintyre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcZVRiB9AQk
>>
>>63920712
While I can agree that Ringo is underrated, to put any of his albums above Band On The Run is just plain wrong. I'm not personally a fan of John Lennon (especially not of Yoko Ono) but Imagine is still better than Ringos output.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.