[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to listen to this for the first time, what should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: swans.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>
ooh boy its kind of a mess actually
>>
You'll feel heavily disappointed because it's all over the place.
>>
>>63917184
>>63917211

"mess"

"all over the place"

it's a fucked up, droning, misanthropic, two hour long "experimental" album or whatever you wanna call it. it's not supposed to be "put together".

also what is your question op. listen to it. if you like it, listen to it more. it's my most played swans album. don't often listen to it in full, but certain songs on there give me exactly the kinda feels i need sometimes.
>>
>>63916993
Is this your first swans?
Go listen to TBK instead if that's the case. Unlessv you just hate post rock
>>
>>63918337
No, I've been on a Swans marathon for the last week or so. I'm now here and I've heard this is the best album, or most varied album.
>>
Soundtrack for the Blind is a truly unique experience. Sort of what The Beatles were going for with the White Album, excepts Swans pulls it off much better.
>>
>>63916993
All of the long tracks are great, especially Helpless Child and The Sound.
>>
it's just kind of there and it hums sometimes and every once in a while a guy talks
>>
>>63916993
This album is an extremely intricate and well thought out masterpiece. You won't get it on first listen.
Once you've finished it stay away from it for a while and read some information about it. Understand the context and what Gira and Jarboe were going through.
Then dive back in again
>>
>>63916993
listen to it, then go back and listen to Swan's entire discography. It'll all make sense.
>>
>>63918153
>"we do this thing for about 15 minutes..."
>>
>>63919038
Good way to sum up the whole album
>>
>>63916993
Volcano
and Yum Yab Killers
the rest is kinda just there
I still like it tho
>>
File: 6rdtfyg.jpg (13 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
6rdtfyg.jpg
13 KB, 256x256
>>63919476
>>
>>63919761
whats the matter famlioso
>>
>>63919476
God fucking awful opinions
>>
>>63919813
If you don't think Volcano is the best song on SFTB then you have shit taste 2bh
>>
>>63919476
This doesn't even make sense, it only does if it is bait.

How are

>Helpless Child
>The Beautiful Days
>All Lined Up
>Animus
>The Sound
>Empathy
>YRP
>The Final Sacrifice

"just there" they're like some of the most iconic and memorable songs in their discography.
>>
>>63919837
Bullshit, it's one of the worse tracks
You sound like a poptimist shit
>>
>>63919837
hell no
shit, no
>>
>>63919854
>>63919857
>>63919850
I'm going to listen to Volcano and Yum Yab Killers and none of the other tracks and there's NOTHING you can do to stop me
>>
I just finished the album, I was wearing a blindfold the entire time. It was pretty damn good, but shit it requires patience first time around.
>>
>>63919928
Ok cool you can keep your awful bait
>>
>>63919964
Is it still bait if it's genuine?
>>
>>63916993
Imagine flipping through analog TV channels on one of those cube-shaped Daewoo TVs at 3 AM but nothing's on so you're just catching glimpses of infomercials and reruns of talk shows and Jerry Springer.
That's basically what this album feels like, but more open and strange and lonely and magical.
>>
>>63919928
I actually like Yum Yab Killers a lot. Volcano is shit, though.
>>
>>63920061
It isn't but yours isn't genuine anyways so it doesn't matter
>>
>>63920359
Volcano is definitely my favorite song on SFTB
Why is that so unbelievable to you?
>>
yoU SHOULD enjoy the muISC GET OUT OF THIS BOARD DUNKY ASS

mu is the WORST PLACE ON EARTH

BUnch og hollow heads talking about ""ART
they dont understand art

art is real idiots!!
>>
>>63920450
same
>>
>>63920465
shuthefuckupshuthefuclupshuthefuckoff back to twitter and watching nickelodeon shows
>>
>>63920430
Because it's a good song but there are much, much better tracks on SFTB
Stop baiting anytime
>>
>>63920430
i bet your favorite from the seer is song for a warrior lfmfaoofoao
>>
take a look at theESE thwo
THEY dont the cant even sight the first signance of it
al lu
gnostic mass cunt

>>63920494
>>63920491
>>
>>63920494
What if I told you I haven't listened to The Seer

>>63920491
Alright I'll level with you. I've only listened to SFTB all the way through like four or five times, which really isn't enough for me to have a fully developed opinion of each track at all, but Volcano has always stuck out to me (for obvious reasons) and I do consider it to be my favorite, but I imagine if I listened to it more often I'd find that other tracks would become more familiar and I might enjoy them more than Volcano. It's just hard for me to break up this 2 hour long album into distinguishable parts so while I enjoy the whole album, I haven't really given it enough attention to pick a clear favorite song besides the one that immediately stands out to me, which I do truly enjoy.

In summary: I was only half-baiting.
>>
>>63920746
lol
i love swans and have only listened to thee first disc of this maybe once.
love filth cop new mind feel good now type shit
love their recent stuff (tkb>myfather>seer)
all this 'post rock' around swans
its like who are these people and what are they talking about?
>>
>>63920539
>gnostic mass cunt
hey i needed a new band name!
>>
>there are people on this board that hate Volcano
>>
>>63916993
>Swans canceled their Australian tour because some desperate attention whore is rent seeking.

Fuck this shit. I hate women sometimes.
>>
>>63919057
what were Gira and Jarboe going through?
>>
>>63919476
fuck you, dont listen to this cunt
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.