[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been drinking continuously for the past 12 hours and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1448051123803.gif (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448051123803.gif
133 KB, 500x500
I have been drinking continuously for the past 12 hours and you have 10 seconds to explain where, when, and what you were doing during the era of Poker Face.

I'll start. I was 23 working a PT night job. I came home late (early) one night (morning) and this video came on. It came on cable TV which I hadn't paid for, but which was somehow pre-installed into my apartment at that time. It is possible I may have consumed an English Muffin, perhaps with egg, bacon, and cheese on it while viewing the video. I will always remember that day (and I'm not sure why).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESGLojNYSo

Even if you hate the song -- heck, even if you hate the genre -- and despite the fact that much of Lady Gaga's work is abysmal, you gotta admit Poker Face was half-way decent for what it is/was.
>>
I had just moved states and had turned 13 years old. This song was basically a soundtrack to being confused and unfamiliar with my surroundings. I kind of miss lady gaga. She released really consistent music and even though I don't enjoy the genre at all, I didn't hesitate picking up fame monster at a thrift store last year
>>
Sitting in a bar with my then girlfriend talking to some stuffy yuppie type about moving from my home town to the big city. I think I cried a little later.
>>
To hell with the OP. Does anyone want to play, "spot the illuminati/Luciferian symbolism," instead? I'll start.

The pop culture/media is the "face" of the illuminati. Yet the public at large can't "read" it, because they don't understand the symbolism in such videos as these. Indeed, most people don't even realize they're playing a Poker game with the international elite. This song is simultaneously a mockery and a celebration of that fact. My evidence is the black and white dalmatian in the beginning, and the way Lady Gaga frequently gives the "OK" sign in front of one of her eyes (the all-seeing eye of Horus) throughout the video. Fucking prove me wrong, I dare you.
>>
I was in my friends co-ed fraternity and she said she had a cool indie music video to show us called poker face from a then un-known Lady Gaga. I had no idea how she found it and quite honestly I thought it was ok. It sounded too poppy for me but then it grew on me a few weeks later when I realized that it made for great random dance party music. For some reason I also thought this lady Gaga was Russian....???
>>
File: 1458872933947.png (19 KB, 485x460) Image search: [Google]
1458872933947.png
19 KB, 485x460
>>63916008
i was about 9 or 8 years old at the time i think around that time i was obssesd with weezer music videos
>>
>>63917098
i dont really remember
>>
>>63917098
dont call mods
>>
>>63917098
prepare for a ban
>>
>>63917162
you cant stop me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2smz_1L2_0

I always had a certain fondness for Paparazzi (in before, "it sucks"). I guess it was part of the whole >tfw no gf thing, and just feeling like if I had had a GF back then, I would have been like her "paparazzi," following her until she loved me. Also I am no stranger to the friendzone FWIW. So that probably has something to do with it as well. In some twisted, demented way.
>>
File: oghJd.png (614 KB, 899x677) Image search: [Google]
oghJd.png
614 KB, 899x677
i had just finished my nightly crying and writing poetry session preceeded by my nightly hours long texting a girl i never actualized a relationship with when the video came on. i lived in my grandmas basement and thought it was a really catchy thing. then i pieced my ear with a thumbtack and now i've changed so much but im reverting back to the sorrow and immaturity of those times. life is a mess. sorry about the socks.
>>
File: 1422559748753.jpg (123 KB, 962x642) Image search: [Google]
1422559748753.jpg
123 KB, 962x642
>>63917311
>tfw 6 hours from now and 8 years ago I was sitting in my bedroom, alone in my single bed room apartment, drinking gin and tonic and listening to this shit, dreaming (knowingly) in vain of escaping the friendzone.
>>
>>63917336
>>63916941
>>63916771
Please, post more personal anecdotes, /mu/. This is really very interesting to me.
>>
i was 14 years old just starting highschool and it always played on the bus. I was into pretty lame stuff like Atreyu and Protest The Hero etc and i was half trying to look scene without the make up and hair just colourful clothes n shit. Thought Tim Hortons across from school was instant initiation.
>>
>>63917562
unrelated: if i may, i'm >>63917336 and i had this dream. in this dream i had another dream. in that dream i see a girl. her face is inches from mine and her eyes are black scribbles like the style of steel wool. she is screaming a gut wrenching bloody scream. i awake (within my real dream) and go on with life. again i go to bed and dream within the dream. i see the girl again. her eyes more human. this continues. more human each time. same screaming in my face horror each time. then the last day. i look in a mirror and she is my face. gray skin and EYES. her eyes are pretty. brown. wet. and she is screaming. her decrepit fingers pull her eyelids up to reveal the soul. i awake for real. i feel so weird.

does anyone have dream skills? i have another with a man with glue eyes
>>
>>63917782
i'm dying
>is it blissful
it's like a dream
>i want to dream
>>
>>63917926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHSHE-iJQ
>>
>>63917965
the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had?
>>
>>63916008
lmao her voice on this sounds very different from what I remembered, the 'po-po-po-po-po-po-poker face' part in the chorus is kind of funny now.
I was like 13 around that time, and the girl who rented a room in my house played Top 40 radio all day so I guess that's how I first heard it. I never actually liked it, and it annoyed me that it was so overplayed.
Just Dance was a great song tho, I find myself coming back back to it from time to time.

Remember when Soulja Boy was relevant?
>>
I first heard it when some fags were playing it on their cell phones on a band bus trip in 2009, i was a 16 year old junior and confused sexually. i would later develop a crush on this freshman guy who was a lady gaga fan, but alas it was not meant to be.those first few singles of hers make me nostalgic, especially since my depression was childs play compared to where i am now. just fuck my life up phams
>>
>>63919347
being so sad ftw!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.