[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think this album has held up mu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 51d+2LervpL.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51d+2LervpL.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
How do you think this album has held up mu?
>>
one of the greatest rock albums of all time
>>
>>63915268
Great. It's a good album.
>>
it's ok
>>
"The tragedy of the last 20 years was GUNS N' ROSES... they were well up there... then Axl [Rose] read the tealeaves in his cup and went nuts or something."

...and he was right.
>>
Some great tracks. Welcome to the Jungle is one of the best hard rock songs of all time.
>>
>>63915268
As a whole, it's not as good as the legend makes it out to be, nowhere near, in fact. It's peaks are, however, really fucking great.
>>
>>63915545
Not really.
>>
Rocket Queen is a jam, but I actually prefer a lot of songs on the Use Your Illusion albums more, and I don't think their discography has held up very well at all.
>>
I love Rocket Queen.
>>
excellently
>>
>>63915645
What's a legendary hard rock album then? In comparison, cause this is pretty high up there in my regard. Especially this album, full of really good songs.
>>
>>63916486
zepperlin 4
>>
shit since day 1
>>
Their discography is pretty spotty, but Appetite will always be a masterpiece.

From Welcome To The Jungle to Rocket Queen, the album perfectly captures LA and the American west coast in a brutal unflinching 12 tracks of pure drug addled rock.
>>
>>63917429
the 80s in LA are a very embarrassing time in US history
>>
>>63917472
With bands like Poison and Winger yeah, but GNR, Motley Crue, Hanoi Rocks, and LA Guns are what made it awesome.
>>
>>63917554
I more meant the self-absorption and ridiculous excess that all those bands encapsulated, but I like them too.
>>
>>63915268
as probably the most rockist guy you will find on /mu/, I honestly don't think it's that great. I can see why it was great at the time compared to the dirge of fake hair metal, but as an album it's not that great. The song writing is pretty boring and the vocals are very grating. It has some good riffs and guitar playing but I find it to be kind of boring after a while. I think their unique and aggressive sound covers up the underwhelming song writing.

>>63916486
>Led Zeppelin II
>Led Zeppelin IV
>Highway To Hell
>Who's Next
>Sticky Fingers
>Jailbreak
>>
>>63915268
Mr. Brownstone is timeless desu
the whole album would be great for nostalgia purposes if radio stations and video games didn't ruin it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.