[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Weezers new Album? I give it a solid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: thewhitealbum.jpg (55 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
thewhitealbum.jpg
55 KB, 620x620
What do you guys think of Weezers new Album?
I give it a solid 9/10. It's in my opinion their third best album behind blue and pinkerton and it's catchy as hell. How do you guys rate the album? How do you rate the songs?

>California kids-7/10
>Wind in our sail-8/10
>Thank god for girls-10/10
>Got a good thing-4/10
>Do you wanna get high-8/10
>King of the world-10/10
>Summer Elaine and drunk Dory-6/10
>L.A girlz-9/10
>Jacked up-7/10
>Endless bummer-8/10
>>
Found it off-putting in its top-40 texture. I like "Do You wanna get high" cause its a decent pinkerton ripoff. i liked "jacked up" cause its catchy radio pop. and i like Endless Bummer cause its pretty early-weezery and appropriately depressing. the rest of it can go
>>
why does no one like good thing? thats my favorite song
>>
>>63915104
His vocals and the instrumental are not that great compare to the rest of the album.
>>
>>63914847
>Album
8/10 (My 4th favorite Weezer album)
>California Kids
10/10
>Wind In Our Sail
7/10
>Thank God For Girls
9/10
>(Girl We Got A) Good Thing
6/10
>Do You Wanna Get High
10/10
>King Of The World
8/10
>Summer Elaine And Drunk Dori
7/10
>L.A. Girlz
7/10
>Jacked Up
8/10
>Endless Bummer
6/10
>>
>>63914847

I think Rivers made an ️OK release but when you compare it to music as a whole it's just a mediocre pop rock album.
Weezer has been utter trash for 20 years and this is just a slight turn in the right direction.

Also Rivers needs to grow up and write big boy songs
>>
>>63915569
I agree with you on the big boy songs. I would like to see rivers wrong more mature music
>>
>>63915569
Hello false montie
>>
>>63915569
So you're the real Montie right?
>>
Your scoring average is a 7.7 and even that aside how could you give an album a 9/10 when you gave one of the songs a 4, a 6, and two songs a 7?
>>
>>63914847
5.0/10.

The most non notable, repetitive, forgettable and emotionless album I've heard in years. Totally in one ear and out the other. Boring, tired narrative. Pretty decent sound and instrumental, but that won't cut it above a 5
>>
>>63914847
>King of the World
>10/10
Beyond shit taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 750x1334
>>63915621
Not false.
Hi proge fag

>>63915624
Yes. This is my new trip.
>>
>>63915739
who the fuck are you? why should I care? why shouldn't I filter you like every other trip user I have ever encountered on here?
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 168x168
>>63915822
Im a well known trip.
I also have good memes, pal.
>>
>>63914847
That averages out to a 7.5/10 you sperg.
>>
>>63915855
alright filtered welcome to the club
>>
>>63915855
is this album as good as what's the story (morning glory) give us ur honest opinion
>>
>>63915885
No. Not at all.
Weezer could never and has never put out anything as good as Morning Glory
>>
>>63914847
I agree with it being their third best (although disclaimer: I haven't listened to most of the stuff between green album and now). Some of the songs are a little too radio-pop for me, particularly on the first half - they're still good songs - but I'm feeling the second half a bit more. Overall, good job Rivers!
>>
>>63915919
Wonderwall is a meme and you should kill yourself
>>
>>63915919
>as good as Morning Glory
Blue album dumbass.

You could make a case for Definitely Maybe though.
>>
>>63914847
7/10

Don't like it as much as EWBAITE, not sure why so many people are saying this is better. There's really no horrible songs but some of it just feels mediocre.

Also DYWGH is insanely overrated and is nowhere as good as any Pinkerton songs or B-sides. It was just an attempt to write a song that sounded like it was from that era.
>>
Everyone loves Weezer, and everyone wants Rivers Cuomo to be successful and happy. People might not want to admit it, but the nostalgia's resulted in comically lowered standards. This album is a 6, maybe a 7. It's good but it's not great--but it's not Hurley or Raditude, so people are happy.

The last record was fantastic, introspective, and consistently great in spite of that instrumental. (I treat Foolish Father as the closing track, and the 3-parter as an epilogue.) It just had more 10/10s: Cleopatra, Eulogy for a Rock Band, The British Are Coming, Foolish Father, Go Away.

White has L.A. Girlz, one of their best songs ever, but no matter how many people tell me the contrary, "Jacked Up" sounds screechy and unhuman, and I can't get behind the dorky mad libs and 'you scare me like a broken window.'

I really don't understand Fantano's scoring, and I say that as an avid fan who recently saw them do these songs live. California Kids sounded great, as did King of the World. Thank God For Girls did better than Pork and Beans in terms of crowd enthusiasm; take that as you will.
>>
>>63915638
Cause when looking at the album as a whole that's how he feels he should rate it. Ratings are arbitrary anyway, so fuck off with your autism
>>
>>63914847
It's a 6/10 to me.

The good songs from EWBAITE are much better than anything White has to offer, but no song in White is as terrible as the bad songs from EWBAITE.
>>
>>63916179
>and I can't get behind the dorky mad libs and 'you scare me like a broken window.
But that's like literally the best moment of the entire album
>>
>>63916492

On the last album, they were able to write songs that expanded the quirky lyrics into broader themes, look at "Cleopatra" and 'The British Are Coming." And they took those themes and used them as a mirror on themselves and their career. So there was a lot of complexity in that, even if it seemed just as lolrandom.

I don't know, I like that he's speaking like a geeky nerd but it feels a bit like cool-dad-AP-bio-teacher ventriloquy, just gets grating.
>>
>>63916077
Weezer is shit bruv
>>
>>63916631
Stop
>>
>>63916234
But he also says its only their 3rd best album.

Is he telling me their other two albums are 10/10s? Or 9.5s? Either scores are sorta ridiculous. No matter how much you like Weezer you have to admit their albums are nowhere near flawless.

There's so many reasons why even within his own personal review that score makes no sense.
>>
I know people don't like hearing this, but it's true: the nostalgia's kept standards low. This album is "their best in decades" because it's not another Red Album, it's easy to listen to, and there's plenty of fanservice.
>>
>>63916741
the nostalgia has nothing to do with the low standards, that was entirely the doing of a decade of very mediocre albums
>>
>>63916800

So since this one is slightly less mediocre, it's held up as a 7/8? foh
>>
It may not be amazing by any means but for what it is, it's a pretty solid album. I still think Maladroit and EWBAITE is better than White though. Rivers said Black album will be entirely different so I'm worried. Maybe it'll be a depressing or emo album or something.
>>
File: tmp_19876-coldplay1493681849.jpg (204 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19876-coldplay1493681849.jpg
204 KB, 535x535
>>63915919
The bends is my favorite oasis album
>>
>>63916841
people genuinely like the album, I'm sorry if the cognitive dissonance of a 2016 weezer album getting a positive response is too much for you to handle
>>
>>63916939
>Rivers said Black album will be entirely different so I'm worried.
Different is good. I mean we don't really want another sunny/beach/california album do we? One is ok and can be fun but that would get old.

I just hope it's legitimately dark and not just try-hard angsty for the sake of being dark and angsty.
>>
>>63915739
Thank fucking Christ
>>
>>63915739
underage b8
>>
>>63917294
Im 18 senpai
>>
>>63916999
not even dude. If you don't think 13 is the greatest Oasis album something is seriously wrong with you.
>>
>>63917354
why do you need attention on here? Mommy and Daddy not give enough?
>>
>>63915569
>rating on a scale to 100
What pushes it over the 6.8 mark, buddy?
>>
>>63914847
I give nearly every song either an 8 or 9. Make Believe had higher peaks than this thing desu.
>>
>>63915919
they already have. twice
>>
What is Rivers best song?
>>
>>63915919
Blue, Pinkerton, EWBAITE, White, and Maladroit are all better albums than Morning Glory. DM is still nothing compared to Pinkerton and Blue. Rivers is a genius, Noel doesn't even compare.
>>
>>63917499
A straight tie between Greatest Man, Only In Dreams, Across The Sea, and Foolish Father. All have very different things to offer.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
IN THE DARK, WE WILL TAKE OFF OUR CLOTHES, AND THEY'LL BE PLAYEEYACING FINGERS THROUGH THE NOTCHES IN YOUR SPINE
>>
>>63917597
only in dreams
>>
File: Rivers.jpg (17 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
Rivers.jpg
17 KB, 125x119
from the title and the beginning I thought Thank God for Girls was going to be very cringey but I really love the chorus
>>
Pinkerton>White>Blue
California Kids>Jacked Up> Thank God for Girls
>>
>>63917597
Lol this post is objectivly wrong

>>63917786
Same
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.