[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does rap require skill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: r02UYSg.png (427 KB, 721x716) Image search: [Google]
r02UYSg.png
427 KB, 721x716
Does rap require skill?
>>
20% luck
>>
Nigga rhymes with nigga, don't forget!
>>
not really
all you need to be a rapper is a sense of rhythm and plenty of practice

now, being a good rapper is something else entirely
>>
does talking require skill?
>>
>>63908782
The difference is that talking requires improvisation and sense.
>>
>>63908759
>it's not a skill, just something you practice to become better at
>>
>>63908829
the question was not "is rap a skill"
the question was "does rap require skill"
>>
no

>>63908821
fuck off faggot
>>
no just listen to any Kanye song
>>
Skill is something you practice. Rap requires actuall musical inteligence and talent. A great sense of rythm and good vocal technique and also knowledge in musical production.
>>
>>63908714
>montie post something that's actually funny
is this real life????
>>
>>63908699
You need a perfect hold on a 4/4 time scale and how to time your syllable impact with it to become a good one, so yes.
>>
>>63908942
this post is why rap is t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-trash
>>
yea you have to know how to structure rhythms and rhymes. and write lyrics. and have taste. and be able to deliver it well. it's probably harder to sound decent rapping than singing, being singing you at least have that extra layer of dynamicism in the melody.
>>
>>63909118
*because singing
>>
File: Cover.jpg (123 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
123 KB, 1400x1400
>>63909077
What's a 4/4 time scale?
>>
>>63908699
I guess it depends, rapping is just a style/medium of delivery so it doesn't actually matter if it does or doesn't take skill. You can rap by just following the template of the style.

Like does it take skill to play the guitar, not actually but you have to practice if you want to be like sammy Hagar, yngve malmsteen or one of the other greats.

And in the end skill isn't even what makes something enjoyable necessarily.

\m/
>>
>>63909188
Thug adds to the melody of a song with his voice, he's fun to listen to if anything
>>
>>63908699
nah
>>
File: 1458178405705.jpg (55 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1458178405705.jpg
55 KB, 312x312
>>63909440
oh my fucking god kill yourself now
>>
Anyone who thinks rap doesn't take skill should definitely post a freestyle and prove how easy it is
>>
>>63909614
are you ok, my friend?
>>
nah just say shit so real the radio / tv / music industry execs censor it even tho you arent cursing

also read lots

try to be a poet
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.