[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jay-Z vs Kanye West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Kanye-West-and-Jay-Z-005.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-West-and-Jay-Z-005.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
Who does /mu/ consider the better rapper, Joe Camel or Yeezus?
>>
Jay is the better rapper by far, Yeezy is just an average (and gradually becoming subpar) lyricist
>>
i like generic rapper #2049 much better than generic rapper #0421

that's just my opinion though i realize people have their own beliefs
>>
>>63908532
>generic
>two of the most influential hip-hop artists of the past 20 years

Well meme'd friend
>>
I'm going to answer your question with two questions.

When was the last time anyone was hyped for a Jay-Z album?

When was the last time anyone was hyped for a Kanye album?
>>
>>63908532
>>63908616
I'd consider rappers like Tyga, Chief Keef, Future, and Gucci Mane as generic rappers. They're a dime a dozen.
>>
>>63908616
what did they influence? more generic rappers? glory be

>hip hop
>art

talk about a meme
>>
>>63908711
>Gucci
>generic
>>
>>63908728
Only the most popular hip-hop artists of this decade like Drake, Kendrick and J Cole but they're all just shitty generic rappers with Multiple Grammys and platinum records and critical acclaim right?
>>
Ye is untouchable rn
>>
>>63908965
TLOP and Yeezus weren't that good
>>
>>63908629
>When his last album came out
>When his last album came out
Granted one of their last albums sucked (Protip: It's Jay-Z's) but idk what you're trying to prove
>>
File: XP5a1oXh.jpg (58 KB, 640x706) Image search: [Google]
XP5a1oXh.jpg
58 KB, 640x706
>>63908980
Meanwhile, in reality
>>
>>63908930
right

rap is garbage and so are you
>>
>>63908980
>Yeezus wasn't that good
fight me IRL
>>
>>63908930
desu not helping your argument
>>
>>63909017
ok, Katy Perry is on top of the charts too. who the fuck cares about billboard/iTunes or w/e it might be
>>
>>63909002
Absolutely no one was hyped for Magna Carta.
>>
>>63909024
You got me friend
>>
>>63909048
And you have refuted it so...
>>
>>63908980
TLOP wasn't that good, but fuck you if you think Yeezus wasn't. Fuck you and your opinions.
>>
>>63909065
what's wrong with katy perry
>>
>>63909069
Yeah people actually were
Not Kanye level and maybe not on /mu/ but a lot of people were hyped especially with the commercials on national tv with kanye jay and rick rubin talking like its the greatest album ever.
>>
>>63909024
Tell me more edgy fedora man
>>
>>63909156
Come on man I love some Ye but Katy Perry is somehow even worse than Taylor
>>
Kanye is more popular like a meme nowadays, like Yung Lean. Cringey lyrics and someone doing beats for him.
>>
>>63909210
is it really edgy to dislike garbage? is that how far we've come? fucking cuckolds ruin everything
>>
>>63909432
No you can dislike hip hop. But why go into a thread with people discussing hip hop and just say "HAHA RAP MORE LIKE CRAP AMIRITE??"
That's what makes it edgy you fuck. You can be ignorant and dismiss whole genres as terrible but you can't get it through your autistic brain that some people really enjoy rap?
>>
>>63909519
oh you just want a safe space where your shitty opinions go unchallenged
i know just the place for you
>>
>>63909582
Where you idiot?
>>
>>63909582
You must lead a very unsatisfying life to feel the need to go into a perfectly good thread and shit on an entire genre. Let me know if you wanna talk about anything buddy :-)
>>
>>63909582

What kind of music do you like Anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 553x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 553x692
Jay is the better rapper in a technical sense. His lyrics are more thought out, his bars are more complex, his metaphors are better, his flows are tighter.

But Yeezy constructs better albums. Jay Z has 3 classic albums: Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, and The Black Album. You could skip the rest of his discography and other than the singles you wouldn't be missing much. On the other hand, every album Kanye has released up to this point has been essential, with TLOP perhaps being the exception.
>>
>>63909811
What's wrong with Kanye in that picture?
>>
>>63909941
He was on a Ultralight Beam
>>
>>63908366
Jay-Z is right up there with Eminem in the elder god tier of overrated rappers.
>>
>>63909791
He doesn't, he just hates some things less than others
>>
>>63908366
Who cares. Neither are known for being particularly good at rapping but both end up collaborating with a fuck ton of people to make sucessful albums.

In this case then Kanye wins.
In htis
>>
Jay-Z's a better rapper, Kanye's a better musician
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.