[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /mu/ like Tool? They're a really good band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
Why doesn't /mu/ like Tool? They're a really good band with a very unique sound.

(Is it because Maynard Keenan is an annoying douche nozzle?)
>>
File: the tool.jpg (856 KB, 2618x1710) Image search: [Google]
the tool.jpg
856 KB, 2618x1710
WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE TOOL?
>>
>>63899734
there's no "the" before Tool
>>
>>63899710
After seeing them live I never felt the same about them again.
>>
>>63899746
why
>>
What are some bands that have interesting ideas that are not so "babys first concept album" as Tool?
>>
>>63899759
they're boring as fuck live
>>
>>63899710
they suck live. show was a snoozefest crowd was full of wankers who think they're in the "know" and are above everyone else. Fuck Tool
>>
they're not a bad band they're actually pretty good but the fanbase completely kills it for me
>>
>>63899746
>>63899788
>>63899837
>>63899847

ok but the music on their records is good though
>>
>>63899710
because people like them a bit too much
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 717x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 717x720
Eh, if you don't listen to music based on the fan base of the artist you're trying to be cool and not using your ears. Like all great bands they have a personality in sound, and they put a lot more thought into the music than most bands that try to ape their vibe. Unique lyrics, unique arrangements, dynamic drummer, dynamic singer, dynamic bass player, somewhat average heavy grunge guitarist, but that's what keeps them at a "street level" and not over the top. If Tool had a guitar player that could shred in Lydian they'd lose everything. They might not be your cup of tea but you should at least understand why someone might enjoy them
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 300x300
>>63899784
>>
Tool is shit.

I don't understand why so many people like that soft-rock dronefest.
>>
>>63901452
Ever heard Undertow? They're as heavy as RATM, Soundgarden, and AIC, if that's soft rock then what does a band like Thin Lizzy play?
>>
>>63899710
I like them
>>
>>63901402
shredding sucks
>>
>>63899788
Did you see them at a festival or something? Their own shows are fantastic. Boring at festivals though sure.
>>
>>63902026
this

idk wtf y'all are talking about, saw Tool live two years ago and they were outstanding
>>
>>63899710
As a huge proghead I never got into them, I prefer Porcupine Tree, Opeth and Mars Volta from modern bands
>>
>>63901662

It's a meme, you dip.
>>
>>63899710
God youve seen their fans? I love tool but I keep it to myself. And based Maynard can do whatever he wants I love his sense of humor and not catering to the fucking fans although his Puscifer stuff is pretty terrible.
>>
>>63899744
pretty sure you're wrong, bud

i've always known them as the tool
>>
because they're touted as experimental and progressive but they're really just Pearl Jam with skill
>>
>>63904209
Even Tool hates Tool fans
http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/10/28/maynard-james-keenan-calls-tool-fans-insufferable-retards/
>>
Every song sounds the fucking same that's why
>>
>>63899710
haven't heard anything from them are they worth checking out?
>>
>>63904646
>metalsucks
No
>>
>>63899710
/mu/ is full of douche nozzles though so that can't be it
>>
>>63899710
I like them a lot but Maynard is a god awful singer, that's why they don't have any official live videos. Some creepers with a youtube channel called ''Toolarchives'' go to their shows and sit on different sides with their cameras and then edit them to make them look like one of those live videos.
>>
>>63899710
/mu/ cares way too much about fans of bands.

I really don't get it.
>>
Because they named themselves as their fans
>>
>>63904766
>>
I like some of their songs, they are good, but not at the top of the prog list.

>>63899784
Ground Zero - Revolutionary Pekinese Opera v1.28
The Faust - Faust
>>
>>63899710
Why do we keep having this same thread everyday?
>>
>>63904778
....absolutely EPIC.
>>
>>63904833
make better ones
>>
>>63904820
This man goes to party ?
>>
When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.
>>
>>63899710
It's not that I personally don't like Tool, but the radio has ruined them for me because they played the same goddamn songs so much that I can't listen to Sober or Vicarious anymore just because that's all I've heard for about 15+ years. And frankly their overall tone doesn't resonate with me, even though I love Maynard's side project A Perfect Circle
>>
>>63904646
Maynard, not Tool. and that's not supprising from him
How ignorant douchebag a man can be to hate his own fan.
>>
>>63905048
Don't exaggerate, they are not music deities but the reason is because /mu/ is full of hipsters who think that anything that sounds ''obscure'' and ''different'' is better, an example would be the hacks of Animal Collective.
>>
File: jerkoff.gif (373 KB, 186x266) Image search: [Google]
jerkoff.gif
373 KB, 186x266
>>63905048
>>
>>63904973

Fenriz is all about the party
>>
>>63905117
At this point I don't know if posts like these are bait or not anymore.
>>
>>63905117
This is copypasta
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.