[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aphex Twin is literally the worst IDM artist I don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (387 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
387 KB, 1000x1000
Aphex Twin is literally the worst IDM artist I don't understand why he's liked on here

he made his best album when he was 14 or some shit and the creative level never got any higher than baby music
>>
2/10
>>
he shouldve stayed with ambient techno tbqh
>>
>>63898259
This is not bait man it just annoys me that his garbage is so acclaimed when Boards of Canada / Squarepusher / Autechre are in the same space
>>
>>63898309
>it annoys me that people like something I don't
stop caring about other people's tastes dumbfuck
or instead, if you care so much, go read reviews on the album and try to understand it instead of "getting annoyed" by it
>>
>>63898356
How about no?
>>
>>63898356
I understand it perfectly well it's simplistic uninteresting beeping
>>
>>63898309
>yeah I love idm
>autechre, boards of canada, squarepusher, the list could go on...
>>
I agree. Aphex Twin is fucking garbage, people just like to jump in bandwagon I guess.
>>
>>63898369
>how about meme

>>63898370
great explanation
(I'm being sarcastic btw f4m)
>>
aphex twin is really highly overrated
>>
please explain how exactly he is the worst
>>
>>63898374
it goes on to Amon Tobin, Dabrye, Clark, Flying Lotus...

even that Artificial Intelligence mix does "simplistic" much better than AFX
>>
>>63898309
SAW 85-92 and SAW II are masterful works that use subtlety and progression in a way that may have been lost on you thus far. I recommend trying them out again from time to time, you don't have to force it on yourself

His late 90s and drukqs work is much more immediate, but what it lacks in indirectness it makes up for in rhythmic complexity and an extreme attention to detail. Also how different synths/percussion sounds interact with each other. He can probably program a "drum solo" that is just as good as what an experienced jazz drummer would play

I admit that out of the "big 4" his sound is the most dated. But if you think of aphex as "garbage" but enjoy Squarepusher and Autechre, you are in a small minority, and it'd be good to further examine why so few people hold the same opinion
>>
>>63898392
you have to name someone worse if you doubt my claim

burden of proof
>>
>>63898424
You don't know how burden of proof works.
>>
>>63898434
stop ad homineming me
>>
>>63898400
lmao, those are all garbage except for clark
>>
File: file.png (161 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
161 KB, 300x300
>>63898440
aphex twin can't top a single second of this album

he can't even pick a better snare than any one of the snares
>>
File: homepage_large.4f8280e4.jpg (89 KB, 319x285) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.4f8280e4.jpg
89 KB, 319x285
Boards of Canada are literally the worst IDM artist I don't understand why they're liked on here

they made their best album when they were 14 or some shit and the creative level never got any higher than baby music
>>
File: moby.jpg (772 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
moby.jpg
772 KB, 2560x1536
Its ok but yall will eventually realize Moby is the best at IDM
>>
File: Confield.jpg (162 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Confield.jpg
162 KB, 1000x1000
Autechre are literally the worst IDM artist I don't understand why they're liked on here

they made their best album when they were 28 or some shit and the creative level never got any higher than spork-core music
>>
>>63898547
he's better than afx imo
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.