[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
were the 80s the comfiest decade? For music and everything else?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1454711786704.png (462 KB, 579x482) Image search: [Google]
1454711786704.png
462 KB, 579x482
were the 80s the comfiest decade? For music and everything else?
>>
Not at all. Everything was stark and garish.
>>
>>63894385
and coke fueled
>>
>>63893671
90's were much comfier
>all that flannel
>the light drizzle over Seattle on the day Kurt Cobain's body was discovered
>dat domestic terrorism
>Bill Clinton being Bill Clinton
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459119484079.jpg (19 KB, 482x453) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459119484079.jpg
19 KB, 482x453
>>63893671
>Fast, flashy synth pop
>Big hair rock bands, with heavy beats and fast paced melodies
>Aggressive punk scene
>>
>>63893671
40s and 50s were comfiest.

Slow swingy pop, quartet bands, bouncy rock scene emerging, jazz was still major part of the popular industry, blues starting to make mainstream.
>>
>>63893671

No. The 80's were very much the epitome of a "rat race" (cutthroat corporate culture, rise of the helicopter parent obsessed with child performance and achievement, Cold War fear is still brewing).

Fun decade to grow up in, but the cultural landscape was anything but relaxed and laidback.

Even though the 90's is known for its "edgy and extreme" aesthetic in advertising, I would say the decade was comfier.
>>
>>63893671
absolutely not, all these people who were fucked up by World War 2 were going off the rails with paranoia - like Reagan was president of the US and coming down with dementia, there was a good chance of nuclear armageddon, it was not good.
>>
the 90's were comfiest
you can only achieve true comfort once you realized how inexorably fucked everything is, which i feel is a realization most people had in the 90's
once you figure that out, oh yeah baby, time to get down and snuggy mmhmm oh yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMqpxHY2nFs
>>
1860s were pretty nice.
>>
>>63895466
music was a high point, because the industry suddenly experiemented with funding a lot of experimental sounds, however, they became just as formula as ever, and after a few fresh years of innovation, there was a lot of stale shit. The underground was uniformly interesting because synths and 4 track recorders began to get into the hands of musicians in their homes.
>>
While the 80s were cool, the 90s were the comfiest
>that bill clinton making you proud of your president for the last time
>internet and home comps are a budding tech, mostly used for ebay and pc games
>nerd fandom was still allowed to be dorky and hidden from the media's eye, a small niche of nerd comradery existed
>comics were fucking comics, you know the feel i mean
>still able to be a stupid kid without everything being filmed and put online
>saying fag and meaning it was still acceptable (okay this wasnt a good thing but ill be damned if it wasnt a simpler time)
>everyone getting excited for their future career, not their future life of gibmedat and liberalism
>that cd coy of Americana you borrowed from your big brother with the crack in the case (YOU KNOW THE ONE)

Ahh, the best decade ever and I will fight anyone over this.
>>
>>63895955
Companion Edition: Comfy Artists (regardless of how good they are)
>Belle And Sebastian
>Less Than Jake
>Insane Clown Posse
>Alice In Chains
>Jane's Addiction
>Everclear
>Oasis
>Beastie Boys
>>
File: mattdillonsingles.jpg (50 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
mattdillonsingles.jpg
50 KB, 560x420
>ywn be as comfy and /fa/ as Matt Dillon in Singles without being laughed at every time you walk outside

fuck two thousand and sixteen
>>
>>63896187
but dude Happy Days lmao
>>
>>63894758
50s weren't the most comfy decade, but doo-wop is the comfiest kind of music.
>>
>>63896190
Dude you could for sure wear that today. We're in a new era of wear whatever the fuck you want. It's p nice, one of the best things about two10006teen
>>
>>63895955
holy shit, i know exactly what youre talking about with americana
>>
Every decade was comfy if you're a straight white male
>>
>>63897030
Shame on us that we are not mentally ill and can control our feelings!
>>
>>63897273
What does that even mean?
>>
>>63897330
Well since you're probably mentally ill and or animal like "human" i will simplify it.
>mentally ill
Every other sexuality than straight is mental illness and its not counted by one anymore because of pressure(death threats which is both mental illness and not being able to control your feelings)
>controlling your feelings
Acting like animal aka only sex and violence matters(aka most nonwhite people and gay people who dedicate their lives on sex)
>>
>>63897415
The white male everyone.
>>
>>63897502
Nice argument FAGGOT
>>
>>63897415
hahaha what the fuck is this incomprehensible shit what the fuck am i reading none of this makes sense nigga
>>
>>63897800
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>tfw dxm and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq2oVfEMNcI

can't get much comfier
>>
File: 1335226521038.jpg (35 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
1335226521038.jpg
35 KB, 400x269
>>63897415
>>
>>63897415
gb2 your containment board on /pol/

2/10 made me reply
>>
>>63897415
you must have a lot a friends
>>
>>63897892
>>63898318
>>63898354
>ad hominem
What else to expect from SJW freaks.
>>
>>63897502
kek
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.