[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Life of Pablo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Why are there so many people credited...
>>
Because Kanye is a fucking meme and a talentless hack.
>>
Because the entity "Kanye" is actually a focus group and not a single person.
>>
>b-but Kanye is very generous with his production credits you guys!!!!111
>>
music is only good if someone created it alone. group collaboration and leaving your bedroom is VERBOTEN.
>>
so how does the number of people who work on it detract from the quality of the music at all?
>>
File: Dags.jpg (224 KB, 704x554) Image search: [Google]
Dags.jpg
224 KB, 704x554
>mfw Kanye is a necromancer and brought Arthur Russel back from the dead to help him write 30 Hours
>>
>>63892472
booby
>>
>>63892472
These writing and production credits seem like a new extreme though, you don't think so?
>>
in truthfulness, it's because Kanye is a god-tier producer and a meh-tier lyricist/rapper, and he works best with other talent and knows it. There's a reason so many rapper's best verses are on his tracks.
>>
>>63892497
>Kanye
>quality
And you're right. All music should be created by focus groups. I mean it's worked so well for top 40 pop.
>>
>>63892511
no i don't think so
>>
>>63892368
To avoid lawsuits.
>>
File: 1450134115909.png (67 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1450134115909.png
67 KB, 350x262
>the only song with writing credits attributed solely to Kanye is "I Love Kanye"
>>
And somehow it managed to be just alright.
>>
>>63892545
ok
>>
How can you have this many people involved with an album and it still sounds like crap?
>>
>>63892591
thanls for understand
>>
>doesn't even write his own stuff

And just when I thought I couldn't have less respect for a person they go and prove me wrong
>>
>>63892368
sampling necessitates crediting artists from the song being sampled in some cases. this is exacerbated when someone samples a song that itself samples other pieces.
>>
>Noah Goldstein
Oy vey
>>
>>63892368
He credits random people sometimes, also lots of those are samples. But he genuinely got a lot of help as well.
>>
>>63892520
>all music should be created by focus groups
but that's not what i said at all anon, surely you can see that
>>
>>63892520
Fyi it's not a black or white type of deal, an in between exists
>>
I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW.
>>
File: 1432526611727.jpg (597 KB, 1682x1500) Image search: [Google]
1432526611727.jpg
597 KB, 1682x1500
I mean...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.