[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this man? IMO he is talented af h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-23-48-24.jpg (248 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-23-48-24.jpg
248 KB, 1280x720
What does /mu/ think of this man?
IMO he is talented af

https://youtu.be/aTb9Evhq6ZY
>>
First day on the board eh? Decided to branch out of /b/ now that you are the ripe ole age of 14?
>>
https://youtu.be/RBozF-Z3wBE
This track was so good
>>
>>63892348
>Caring what someone thinks on the internet
>and I'm the 14 year old
>>
>>63892452
I was simply making an observational statement that is all. Yes you are the 14 year old we've already established that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtgNPaI8S60
he needs to lay off the meme shit and concentrate on making good music
>>
>>63892524
autism
>>
>>63892756
>posting FilthyCancer and calling anyone an autist
>>
>>63892310
>>>/b/
>>
>>63892781
Filthy Frank has a level of self-awareness and cleverness and occasional satire that keeps it out of being totally useless trash.
>>
>FilthyFrank

Anyone got the "I'm 16 and my humour is fucking superior" starter pack?
>>
>>63892814
I'm looking for it, hold on.
>>63892802
h3h3 too, right bro?
>>
File: redditors.jpg (55 KB, 526x479) Image search: [Google]
redditors.jpg
55 KB, 526x479
>>
>>63892814
>>63892842
I feel like you people dont like comedy in the first place
>>
>>63892877
They can't let anyone have any fun.
>>
>>63892873
>>63892842
You're the one resorting to meme images with no arguments besides "hurr they're bad"

Come on laddy, any reason I shouldn't write you off as b8?
>>
>>63892877
>obnoxious potty humor is comedy
It's ok, I was 12 once too.
>>
>>63892348
>accusing someone of being from /b/
>accusing someone of being underage
>tripfag
interesting
>>
>>63892873
>people can't have different opinions

just end it senpai
>>
>>63892842
h3h3 is a bit too upfront with it. It's the reason they get along, but it's completely different levels. Nothing will top Jontron Slapping Pink Guy's ass. Jon is a legit degenerate if you didn't know. Dude is a close friends with Psychicpebbles:https://youtu.be/yFRaU-adeLw
>>
File: boobie.png (314 KB, 503x673) Image search: [Google]
boobie.png
314 KB, 503x673
>all of these people supporting some weird kid with emotional problems whose humor aims for the lowest common denominator

Why am I still even on this board?
>>
>>63893117

His humor is deeper than you think. It's satire, you're meant to hate him. His character is supposed to be obnoxious and politically incorrect. I'm surprised he gets any hate on here. But edgy kids gonna edge I guess.
>>
I love both FF and Joji.
FF has a type of comedy I like, and Joji has the type of music I like to.

I just really wish popularity didn't come with that backlash.
You know, THIS >>63892348 type of backlash.
>>
>>63893184
>humor aims for the lowest common denominator
>His character is supposed to be obnoxious and politically incorrect.
Yeah. Like I said.
>>
>>63893222

It's absurdist humor and mostly ironic. I think you should watch more of his content. Besides some of the "gross" videos which are more experimental in nature, his rants and older content is pretty genius honestly. I love how he takes on the modern zeitgeist with an iron fist. He deserves more respect honestly.
>>
>>63892310
Filthy Frank sucks. Joji seems like an alright dude who can make decent music.
>>
>>63893277
He wears a pink body suit and makes a fool out of himself or he wears glasses and yells.

He's really sticking it to man!
>>
>>63893343

>taking things at face value in 2016

I bet you hated the movie Donnie Darko too.
>>
Are we really at the point where 4chan has gotten too cool for filthy fucking frank? Like we're any better? Seriously?! Jesus, I should have left this site years ago. You're all such miserable hipster fucks now. Smoke a joint and chill, faggots.
>>
>>63893355
You've failed to prove your point. What is he satirizing? How is acting like a annoying cunt supposed to be ironic? There's nothing interesting or subversive about him. Stop acting like there is.
>>
>>63893277
Ranting, whilst taking on the character of a stereotypical nerd with a degree of self-awareness is not amazing.
I actually watch some of his stuff and occasionally find it funny. But he is by no means a groundbreaking comic that "takes on the modern zeitgeist with an iron fist". All he does is vulgar observational comedy for teens and young adults; i.e. Louis C.K. for a younger audience.
>>
>>63893403

>How is he satirizing

Modern culture, stereotypes, teenagers, feminism, angry neckbeards, obsessive technology, the list goes on... try watching a video and analyze it, sport.

>acting like an annoying cunt

You're missing the point, friendo.

Try watching his full catalog first.
>>
>>63893403
Not him, but he's satirizing the kind of vapid gross-out content, or just general vapid content most people watch on youtube. There's obvious contempt at times for the type of stuff he does. You don't slip in lines like "I don't know what this show is about anymore" if you're taking your content seriously.
The point of Satire is that it isn't obvious that it isn't just an example of the thing its satirizing. That's what separates satire from Parody.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXi_-ZgBkZ4_zOFG9aqNu0A Is a good example.
>>
>>63893450
Fuck off, Frank.
>>
>>63893416

I find it hard to believe that. Watch his video making fun of "prank youtubers" and how fucked up it gets. Or his overall emotional instability, showing how most modern teenagers/college students are. The topics he covers show his true mindset. He's talked about his true feelings on the Needledrop podcast. Oh and when he showed the scene of robots in his latest video and how emotional it was, but then threw it away. Almost as to compare it to our own lives. It's deeper than you think. Listen to the content before you put it in a box.
>>
>>63892310
less funny than my nan's funeral
>>
>>63893477
>>63893450
>>63893416
>>63893403
>>63893384
>>63893355

This is straight from Frank's channel description on YouTube: "Filthy Frank is the embodiment of everything a person should not be. He is anti-PC, anti-social, and anti-couth. He behaves and reacts excessively to everything expressly to highlight the ridiculousness of racism, misogyny, legalism, injustice, ignorance and other social blights. He also sets an example to show how easy it is in the social media for any zany material to gain traction/followings by simply sharing unsavoury opinions and joking about topics many find offensive.Yes, there is no denying that the show is terribly offensive, but this terrible offensiveness is a deliberate and unapologetic parody of the whole social media machine and a reflection of the human microcosm that that social media is."

/Thread
>>
File: kek.png (3 KB, 698x1284) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
3 KB, 698x1284
>>63893525

aka
>>
>>63893525
Just because you can write a flowery description of someone acting stupid doesn't mean it becomes high art. It's just a conceit.
>>
>>63893450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-IkUdg9YWM
Really "groundbreaking" stuff here, Chief.
>>
>>63893602
Isn't that making fun of Clickbait videos?
>>
>>63892873
but jontron is actually tolerable m8
>>
>>63892348
I don't even listen to what OP posted but if you are a tripfag you have no right to call anybody a 14 year old. End yourself you attention seeking manchild.
>>
>>63892873
I dont like them either, but 4chan "humor" is just retarded printscreens from viral videos
>>
Pink guy has a lot of good ironic value, the mcdonalds song had some nice ideas to it un-ironically. Joji himself is a pretty talented guy when it comes to production
>>
>>63896141
This thing never stops growing
>>
>>63894321
So is Frank really. Its just that most of his fanbase is too young to understand sattire which makes him so easy to hate. Frank (George) is a very conscious person who says a lot of accurate shit beyond his sattire
>>
>>63892310
That track sounds alright but that's mostly because they're sampling a great ass song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_eGZ8U5kY
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.