[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw a thread and decided to make my own. So, /mu/, which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: music iceberg.png (683 KB, 770x1215) Image search: [Google]
music iceberg.png
683 KB, 770x1215
Just saw a thread and decided to make my own.
So, /mu/, which level are you?
>>
>>63892234
I am ADVENCED MUSIC TASTE
>>
What if you've gone through all of these levels and back? What if there's a interconnectivity between all of these levels?
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 546x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 546x490
>being anything other than lvl 1
>>
>>63892234
How is Pop Group advanced? They seem very accessible.
>>
>>63892234
Retard who doesn't know any music outside of classical and mucore.
>>
>>63892234
Patrician, but most of what I listen to would probably be under "I'm into music" is /mu/ listened to them.
>>
>>63892308
If you're talking about citizen zombie (which is good) id agree with you. But I dare you to walk up to any normal person and start playing Y see what happens
>>
there are literally no artists i listen to on this chart, what does that make me?
>>
>>63892430
saved
>>
>>63892392
most people Ive shown Y to take to it very well...
idk maybe im just friends with weird people.
>>
>>63892430
Turny
>>
>>63893528
I like Chopin and err...
>>
Where would Residents go?
>>
I'm on Ferneyhough faggots
Get to my level
>>
I'm level 3 at best. Haven't heard of any artists below that
>>
File: image.png (17 KB, 84x84) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17 KB, 84x84
>>63892234
>AnCo
>level 2
>slayer
>level 3
>>
Pretty grossly biased towards "inaccessible" contemporary classical, and this is coming from someone that mostly listens to that. Just because it's inaccessible doesn't mean it's the best music, or the most patrician
>>
File: herpderp.jpg (897 KB, 496x4940) Image search: [Google]
herpderp.jpg
897 KB, 496x4940
>>63892234
OP i think your looking for this
>>
>>63894838
>hasn't heard of John fucking Coltrane, let alone Faust, the Pop Group, This Heat, Residents, or Sun Ra
that, to me, is shocking
i knew about most of those artists before even coming to /mu/. you should read up on the history of alternative music. start listening to krautrock and post punk
>>
>>63895266
Where do I listen to electric wine glasses?
>>
File: 1455615161815.png (733 KB, 770x1215) Image search: [Google]
1455615161815.png
733 KB, 770x1215
bhis was a complete waste of time

congrats OP
>>
>>63895282
Nope, i'll look into these though. I mostly listen to shit like my bloody valentine, beach house, radiohead, pixies, animal collective, mazzy star. not sure if i would like any of that obscure stuff, any specific albums i should listen to?
>>
>>63892234
/mu/tant, apparently.
>>
>kanye
>bob dylan
>david bowie
>level 1
>not level 2

also the why is animal collective not in level 3
>>
Stockhausen is da bomb
>>
new complexity and spectralism are good, but they're gimmicky and no deeper than plenty of the stuff on other levels- there's more to bach, berg, ligeti or nono than lachenmann in any case
>>
>>63892234
>Stockhausen is the deepest
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.