[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Bob Seger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: MI0001544934.jpg (28 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
MI0001544934.jpg
28 KB, 400x399
What does /mu/ think of Bob Seger?
>>
DAD
>>
Unclerock
>>
My fathers main man
I respect Bog Sneaker
>>
Dude stole his sound from The War On Drugs.
>>
JUST
>>
One of those guys who made a career off riding off the 50s nostalgia bandwagon.

Also Old Time Rock-And-Roll is an annoying and horribly overplayed song.
>>
Ultimate dadrock
Actually such big dadrock it's grandpa rock now

Fuck off grandpa
>>
>>63891805
I love all of Nine tonight.
>>
The worst kind of dadrock in existence because this is the very shit that middle aged men listen to while washing their car.
>>
Respect.

You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said...
>>
>>63892143
Like the Eagles?
>>
Awful. Not even my dad likes Seger. Loathes him actually.
>>
CHEVY
>>
For a 70 year old guy, he still puts on kickass shows.
>>
Xgau's reviews of him are pretty funny.
>>
If you parents didn't listen to Seger and have his cassettes blaring in the car on every vacation growing up then you don't even know dadrock. This is pure, unadulterated dadrock.
>>
>>63892239
Yes, exactly like the Eagles.
>>
>>63892597
Thankfully I did not have such parents.
>>
>>63892641

I'm sure you had a very patrician upbringing
>>
He's one of the few non-country artists my dad likes.
>>
Actually my dad said rock is for children and you're supposed to stop listening to it once you graduate HS.
>>
Lame dadrock is lame.
>>
>>63891805
That disco-ish cover is funny considering this album has a song taking a huge steaming dump on disco.
>>
I don't think I've really heard any of his songs except OTR&R.
>>
Oh god, is his voice annoying.
>>
>>63894824
Yeh he sounds like Yosemite Sam is in need of a little more fiber in his diet.
>>
Bob Seger was dadrock already in the 70s-80s let alone now.
>>
Feh.
>>
Not bad for a white guy playing black R&B, but then again, he IS from the Detroit area.
>>
>>63895230
He's just playing faux-Chuck Berry licks.
>>
>>63895252
So were the Rolling Stones...except they actually had talent.
>>
Guys, he literally made the greatest proto-punk garage rock song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487t88pz-2Y
>>
>>63895302
also the basis for "seven nation army" fwiw
>>
>>63895302
That was at the very beginning of his career when he was an unknown, not the commercial dadrock hitmaker of the Carter years.
>>
>>63895302
Yeah, it DOES sound like something The Sonics would've written two years prior. Not bad.
>>
I appreciate how he looks exactly like he sounds. If I had to guess what Bob Seger looked like based solely on his voice, I would assume it would be something like >>63891805.
>>
>>63895403
You mean like Yosemite Sam trying to take a dump.
>>
>>63895302
Also aside from the subject matter, it doesn't sound dated unlike say Jefferson Airplane which sounds _really_ dated.
>>
>>63895477
No wonder Grace Slick is mad and says rock stars need to quit at 50; she never got over how her band died with the 60s.
>>
>>63891805

Bottom of the barrel dadrock. Right there with The Eagles and John Cougar Mellencamp
>>
>>63895581
Bruce Springsteen...
>>
File: Pezcore.jpg (53 KB, 372x384) Image search: [Google]
Pezcore.jpg
53 KB, 372x384
>when the logical final track is instead in the middle
>Growing Up On A Couch
>>
>>63895581
Life In The Fast Lane is a sick tune, other than that.
>>
>>63895606
I never understood Brucemania either. The guy seriously isn't that good and he's also a very vocal liberal douche who has a fake tax farm to avoid paying those Democrat taxes he loves so much.
>>
>>63895606

No! Not Springsteen. He is a dadrock god
>>
>>63895663
BTR has to have one of the worst guitar hooks ever put on vinyl.
>>
>>63895646

Thank Joe Walsh
>>
>>63895581
I always thought Steve Miller Band was pretty bad.
>>
>>63895745
Totally. 70s rock guitar at its finest.
>>
>>63895581
I always thought Time Keeps on Slippin' was really good but the rest of the Eagles is the same 70s folk rock.

John Cougar Melloncamp will always be trash but special to me because of the time my dad sat down and explained the different varieties of his name he used and topped it off by calling him John Camp Cougarmellon.
>>
>>63895809
>I always thought Time Keeps on Slippin' was really good but the rest of the Eagles is the same 70s folk rock.

Dude, that's a Steve Miller Band song called "Fly Like An Eagle". You're really really getting stuff mixed up here.
>>
>>63895844
You know, that might be because I've spent the night drinking, but they honestly blur really heavily in my brain. In that case just switch the Eagles with Steve Miller Band, then. Song is still great but everything else is the same level of 70s rock.
>>
>>63895646
Chug All Night from the first album. It kind of makes you visualize a trucker driving along a mountain road somewhere in Colorado.
>>
>>63895844
>yfw FLAE is exactly the same song as Black Sabbath Into The Void
>yfw he's singing how he wants to get away from this miserable planet where kids go hungry and people don't have shoes on their feet
>>
>>63895809
>Time Keeps on Slippin'
Pretty sure that's Steve Miller?
>>
>>63895606
Seeger is Springsteen without the character. At least Springsteen has some working class desperation in his music.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.