[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should AnCo have disbanded after releasing Oddsac, the logical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 660x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 660x356
Should AnCo have disbanded after releasing Oddsac, the logical conclusion of the decade-long project, ending on a high note and sparing them the indignity of descending into mediocrity?
>>
I literally could not agree with you more.
>>
>>63886857
Well, I liked CHz. Otherwise, it actually could have been a good spot to stop, it was kind of a culmination of their whole sound at the time, and very much in line with what Avey and Geo had had in mind since before AnCo.
>>
yeah
>>
even though i did like their last two albums odds would've been a great career closer. Just a sensory overload of everything they've done as a group.
>>
>liked everything from animal collective until centipede which was just mediocre
>solo stuff after that was kinda weak
>single from painting with was shit
>didnt bother listening to the full album

Should I give it a go? If its bad it will just make me sad

>they will never release anything like Alvin Row ever again
>>
>>63887044
if you didn't like floridada, the most engaging track on there desu, you're gonna be very sad indeed

also avoid the gnip gnop/hounds of bairro 7" at all costs. it basically makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>63887044
The Burglars is Brothersport-tier, so I'd recommend it. Not fantastic but a solid 7/10.
>>63887116
Bairro is alright. Gnip Gnop would be good too if it didn't have the cheese turned up to 110%.
>>
I still think they've got some good stuff left in them

CHz isn't bad and it certainly had a lot of good ideas, sometimes when you experiment you're not going to succeed and they had a remarkably long streak without any real failures until that album

Painting With was the first one for me that just felt like it was missing something, I liked the decision to drop all the effects but the songs don't sound all that interesting either
>>
i like CHz and PW so i'm glad they're still going
>>
If they release another dud I'm offing myself and taking as many people who purchased Deakin's latest runny bowel movement with me.
>>
>>63886857

yeah probably

I actually like hz but ODDSAC would have been a good closer

I hope if they release more music they get the fuck away from painting with style

Avey used to be my favorite, but I feel like a lot of the cheese and childishness comes from him.

Honestly, after hearing Sleep Cycle, I just want to hear more Deak.

Hopefully whatever album they make next they include deak in the writing process in a big way.

Always though some harmonies between avey/panda/deak would be great.
>>
>>63886857
Making good music is hard. These guy are awesome, and they're passionate about their work. You don't have to love everything they put out. Just chill and let them keep doing what they love.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.