[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music Sites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: tmt.jpg (144 KB, 1024x829) Image search: [Google]
tmt.jpg
144 KB, 1024x829
Why the fuck do we turn to Pitchfork for Best New Music when sites like these have far better collections of the best? Pitchfork is nothing but pandering to emerging POC.

>Spin
http://www.spin.com/reviews/spin-essentials/

>Tiny Mixtapes
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/eureka

>Basementality
http://basementalitymedia.com/the-benchmark/

Drowned In Sound
>http://drownedinsound.com/records

The last two are basically blogs and their taste is already better than Pitchfork. It's especially weird considering how good the site was ~10 years ago

Where do you go to for music recs?
>>
>>63886206
>Where do you go to for music recs?
Pitchfork
>>
>>63886206
Spin & Drowned In Sound are shit tier an almost worse than pitchfork, plus you're forgetting sputnikmusic the best music site
>>
MMJ is literally the new Altered Zones. So good:

http://marcelsmusicjournal.com/
>>
>>63886237
I was going to include sputnik in the OP but the site wouldn't load so I just kept it at 4 sites instead of 5. But I agree, sputnik is great
>>
>>63886263
Damn Marcel, I thought people just gave you a hard time but you really do spam these threads every time they pop up

>inb4 im not marcel lol!
>>
The Quietus is good. It's the only site I know of that doesn't use pig disgusting numerical scores. I never read reviews, though.
>>
>>63886586
You admire their lack of scoring but...never read? You're the reason scores are trendy
>>
I just use mu :^)
>>
>>63886206
>Why the fuck do we turn to Pitchfork
>we
I don't read this shit or any other shit. Speak for yourself.
>>
>>63887308
Cool dude! I guess since you dont do it its not a trend on mu :D
>>
>/r/indieheads

I'm not even ironic right now
>>
>>63887911
it's fucking awful man
even this place is better as a news source, not to mention infinitely less shitty as a place for discussion
>>
>>63887911
You're fucking scum, just so you know. There's virtually no difference between Pitchfork and r/indieheads, that's their exact audience of drones
>>
>>63886206
tiny mixtapes' reviews are a fucking drag to read
>>
>>63888033
They're pretty funny desu. Some of the run on sentences with no periods and just semi colons are kinda tough to get through. But i much prefer those to p4ks preteniousness
>>
>>63888250
Right, because TMT isn't pretentious
>>
>>63887935
>>63888013
and there's also no difference between /mu/ and /r/indieheads either. they same the exact memes. and both users on here and on that sub willingly admit they go on both places.

they fucking bully, dox, and send death threats to marcel for fuck's sake. which is nothing that ever happens to him outside of /mu/. either they're the same exact people using both boards or they're trying to emulate us in some way. either way it's scary and stupid.
>>
>>63888283
its ironic bro
>>
I don't really give a shit about other people's opinions I just want to be exposed to new music. I did not find anything remotely new on the sites you posted so they are useless.
>>
>>63888433
nah, they're /mu/ through the lens of r/4chan, watered down and doing it for 'the epic memes XD.' otherwise they're just like the rest of reddit, and their taste is pure p4k.
>>
>>63888499
i can see your point, but don't you think it's odd that:

>both users on here and on that sub willingly admit they go on both places.

if you've lurked on there long enough, it's almost psychopathic how much they're *trying* to be like us and how they want to emulate our memes.

the only reason why i think they get AMAs from big indie musicians regularly and not us is solely because of the domain name. their PR people don't seem to give a shit about how disgusting the community is. just the reputation of the site.
>>
File: 1454902029820.jpg (587 KB, 1786x2257) Image search: [Google]
1454902029820.jpg
587 KB, 1786x2257
Looking for music sites in french or italian

pls guys
>>
>>63886206
I haven't read pitchfork for the reviews in years. I mainly just use it for news coverage, though, now all they ever seem to post about is mainstream rap.
>>
>>63888610
Piero Scaruffi
>>
>>63888579
I dunno, it's definitely pretty similar in taste and memes (though theirs are generally much more stale,) but they definitely have a strong element of 'political correctness' that puts them solidly with reddit. I saw a guy get banned for being racist because he implied that Pitchfork might be prioritizing black artists over white ones.
>>
File: 1412879587918.jpg (83 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
1412879587918.jpg
83 KB, 639x960
>>63888662
yeah but something that reviews new music/is more active, like p4k or tmt
>>
>>63888678
>getting banned over the truth

Also OP I exclusively use TMT but Basementality and Drowned in Sound show a little bit of potential, good finds
>>
>>63888678
they may act all PC on the sub, but i was once in their official dubtrack room where all of the same users of the sub hang out in there. i was lurking the sub a lot that day and i thought lurking the dubtrack room would be a good source for my investigation. one time, marcel joined in the room. they were constantly calling him a faggot and telling him to kill himself. and when he WASN'T in there, they were saying shit that was so blatantly misogynistic and sexist that it was hard to take it as a joke. i'm not even PC/SJW myself but i could see how not-PC the shit they were saying was.

i have screencaps from their Slack room somewhere. i could show them to you if you wish.
>>
>>63888732
It was pretty frustrating considering the guy actually wrote a pretty well thought out argument for why he thought that. The worst part was the fact that the main guy arguing with him was using twitter ebonics on the level of a shitposter you'd see here (iirc he started his post with "HOL UP") and had basically no argument other than "it's racist because it sounds racist to me" and still managed to be completely serious. Judging from the votes the guy got people agreed with his garbage too.
>>63888752
I wouldn't be surprised if those were the r/4chan-frequenting rejects that probably have been banned under multiple names from the sub desu
>>
>>63888871
except they haven't been banned from the sub. the users saying that shit remain some of the most popular/frequent users on the sub.
>>
>>63888905
Interesting. I guess they're probably too worried about their imaginary internet points to actually shitpost using a name, so they take it out on some chatroom and would likely say "it's ironic x^)" if you were to ask them.
>>
File: indieheadsmisogyny.png (104 KB, 522x717) Image search: [Google]
indieheadsmisogyny.png
104 KB, 522x717
>>63888752
>>63888871
>>63888905
here is a screencap from their official Slack room btw. all the people saying this shit are actual users from /r/indieheads who remain popular and unbanned on the sub, not the mention they regularly feature that place and participate in AMAs.
>>
>>63888957
holy fucking shit

even though this might be irony, it's really fucking stupid. they dont deserve to get those AMAs. someone has to stop them from getting those deals with musicians and labels before they keep giving that shithole any more popularity.
>>
>>63888957
Yeah, that doesn't look serious at all. That being said the circlejerk they manage to maintain looks as genuine as ever.
>>
>>63888999
even if it's not serious, it's still really stupid for a place that claims to be PC, and shows how they really aren't PC at all since PC people never fucking joke around like this.
>>
>>63889032
Well yeah, it's all for appearance. As I said before they're too worried about points to do anything other than drone a prevailing opinion. It's why pitchfork is nearly worshipped there.
>>
>>63889075
Do you think if that screencap were shown to some of the industry people organizing these AMAs, they would spread the word around that that sub is a bad place, even if it were ironic? Even if that person could tell it were irony, I think they would dislike it either way.
>>
>>63889108
I don't think they'd care as long as the place itself remains whitewashed. Really it's the number of people they get their marketing to in a positive fashion that matters to them.
>>
>>63886237
I went there and it was all nu metal, doom metal, and generic garage rock
>>
>>63887911

https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/3x9e3f/album_of_the_year_2015_17_tame_impala_currents/

For sure guys, indie heads is totally a good place for music recs
>>
Came to say TMT is a great site. Love the Eurkea! section.
>>
>>63889250
Came to say Basementality is a great site. Love the Benchmark section.
>>
>>63888033
>>63888250
Are high schoolers finishing up for the year already? I thought school ran longer for you guys.
>>
the dean blunt tmt review is good innit
>>
>>63889492
Fuck off hydroyoga
>>
>>63889227
Currents was a 9/10 album.
>>
>>63889534
yes it is thank you mr p for your many many words on why that album was so damn good
>>
>>63889550
Eeewwww hahaha what a pleb opinion. Currents is a litmus test for taste. Adoration for it just shows how musically retarded you are
>>
>>63887279
Same tho
>>
hotnewhiphop, livemixtapes, wshh on youtube
>>
>>63886206
>viraling basementality
i remember you OP. don't try to hide it in there like we won't notice
>>
>>63890465
wshh is so hit or miss, surprised you didnt mention dead end hip hop
>>
>>63889492
says the tiny mix tapes apologist

this thread must be 2ironic for my adult brain
>>
>>63891023
im 90% sure mr p was in this thread
>>
>>63890556
Lol noticed that too
>>
>>63889713
that statement just shows how actually retarded you are
>>
>>63888710
holy fuck shes thicc
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.