[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm listening to this for the first time, what should i expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: sgt-pepper_1.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1549) Image search: [Google]
sgt-pepper_1.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1549
i'm listening to this for the first time, what should i expect?
>>
Piero gonna get BTFO
>>
circus music
>>
>>63885198
Nothing, go in listening without other opinions impacting your experience
>>
An album by The Beatles.
>>
Hard Day's Night, Rubber Soul, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, and Abbey Road are better than Sgt Peppers
>>
>>63885198
MODS
>>
>>63885198
sounds
>>
>>63885395
>Magical mystery tour
Wut.

That albums usually regarded as one of their worst.
>>
>>63885658
Who the fuck says MMM is their worst album? There's like 7 of their best songs on that album.
>>
OP here, i'm within a minute of finishing the album. it's definitely great, but i don't understand why people say it's the greatest record of all time. is it like pet sounds where you have to listen to it a few times before it really clicks?
>>
>>63885875
Meh, I feel they went too pop'y with that album, much prefer white album and Abbey road.

Also I think I was mixing up mystery tour and yellow submarine
>>
>>63886010
It was very progressive at the time, had Alot of very complexly written songs, as well as groundbreaking production. Had Alot of influence on the rock industry and such. Look it up man, it was revolutionary.
>>
>>63885198
Awfulness
>>
>>63886150
I don´t know why this album gets all the fuckin credit, sure its has some really good moments, but remember good vibrations happened in ´66 and the undergound was exploding by that time. So they basically took that, kind of half assed it with filler songs like the title song and lovely rita etc. honestly there are only 3 good songs on that album.

fuck I always get mad when people bring up the ´influence´ of sgt pepper.
>>
>>63886010
>Pet Sounds where you have to listen to it a few times before it clicks

Anyone know where he got this philosophy?
>>
>>63885198
Was it made on LSD?
>>
First 4 songs are good.

A Day In the Life is good.

Rest is shitty filler. Overrated album.
>>
>>63886623
OK, nice opinion, but no one outside of /mu/ agrees.
>>
>>63886623
Same here. Its not that great of an album. Magical Mystery tour is shit. White Album is the definition of filler. I'm not a Beatles hater but god damn are they overrated.
>>
>>63886701
yes everyone back then was high on drugs all the time especially the creative artsy types
>>
>>63887498
>back then
It's the music industry, most albums have an influence from drugs one way or another. It's rare to find a straight edge group.
>>
>>63885198
A great album that sadly is really dated now
>>
>>63886623
its just that the beatles took everything that was goin on and threw it into one fantastic album that captured the time and was easly af to market

i mean do you think beyonce makes really good music. hell no but she will go down as a legend for the same reason. i mean the beatles r def leagues above that kinda shit, but thats because the marketing aspect has taken over the music aspect so much
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.