[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Led Zeppelin's best album and why is it LZIII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
What's Led Zeppelin's best album and why is it LZIII?
>>
I still lament the exclusion of Hey Hey What Can I Do from the tracklist
>>
I dunno, let me ask dad
>>
>>63884127
Mmnup I'd say physical graffiti is their best album. 3 is really good though.

Out on the tiles, bron y aur stomp are great.
>>
>>63884127
Because side one is all rock and blues, and side two is all folksie accoustic music and one or two blues numbers.

>>63884153
Yeah, what was up with that? Lord knows there's still enough space to include that song. Is it even on any of the C.D. re-issues?
>>
Favourite songs OP?

Mine are:
Dazed and confused
Whole Lotta Love
Trampled Under Foot
House of the Holy
Out on the Tiles

To name a few. Honestly have Alot of favourites, led Zeppelin's my favourite band for drumming quality.
>>
>>63886089
Hats off to Roy Harper
You Shook Me
Trampled Under Foot
When the Levee Breaks
Since I've been Loving You

Also just a few. Best drum track in my opinion is When the Levee Breaks - Bonzo is so raw in that track
>>
>>63884127
That's nOT how you spell Led Zeppelin I
>>
>>63884185
Go listen to Meme Milk Hotel faggot
>>
Physical Graffiti is by far the best.
>>
>>63886590
Mehh, for Bonham that's a boring track. One of his best in my opinion is "south bound Suarez" really cool tune he plays in that. Incredible drummer, I'm a drummer though, so I probably appreciate very different stuff to you.

A really cool track to show the awesome way he plays is "I can't quit you baby" off coda. Real simple beat that he just plays around on the whole time.
>>
>>63886590
>>63884127

top 5 :
When the Levee Breaks
Dazed and Confused
Nobody's Fault but Mine
Gallows Pole
Achilles Last Stand

Best album over all to me : Presence
>>
>>
>>63886791
This. It's their only 10.0
>>
>>63886847
Bonham just pounds the shit out of those drums. Like, Black Country Woman - simple stuff, but man was it effective.
>>
>>63886089
Since I've Been Loving You
Going to California
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Battle of Evermore
Over the Hills and Far Away
Immigrant Song
>>
>>63888522
Yeah he actually revolutionised drumming at the time. Before that, drummer usually didn't have as much influence over the sound. But Bonham's HAM style on the drums reinvented the instrument. Songs like when the levee breaks, poor Tom, in my time of dying. He showed how drums can be the defining sound for the song. Genius drummers who's influence on the industry is often overlooked outside of drummers. Shame like that.
>>
Physical Graffiti
>>
File: 600full-arsene-lupin-iii.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
600full-arsene-lupin-iii.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>63888728
>Physical Graffiti
>>
II is seriously the best tho
>>
>>63888649
Was the entire revolution just having the mic a little closer to the drums?
>>
>>63890826
For When the Levee Breaks they actually had the drums at the bottom of the stairs and the mic at the top or some shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.