[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which genres do you think are easy to compose for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
Id like as many responses as possible from non musicians, but if you are a musican fell free to respond just let the thread know your a musician.
>>
>>63882046
do you mean what genres are easy to make decent music in? cuz really you can do a shit job of any genre easily
>>
>>63882046
So to start id say blues is one of the easiest, and possibly jazz considering the possibility of no notes being read.
>>
>>63882099
Its not about good or bad music because even a really bad song can be popular im trying to see what a non musician thinks is the easiest genre to compose for. Because a musicians point of view will almost always be biased.
>>
pop punk
>>
Writing pop is very easy.
>>
>>63882432
From a musicians point of view hell yeah for the first few months until you run out of riffs. Fun to play though and its always a party. What else you guys got?
>>
pretty much any genre which you can apply the major pentatonic scale to desu

just slap the 4 chord structure or some variant on there and make riffs based on random sequences of those five notes on the scale
>>
Musician here. I'm not going to chime in at the moment, just want to see some other responses.

Ok, correction:
>jazz
Lol
>>
From a musicians point of view.
I mean I know guys who can do jazz but have no clue on how to design and engineer thier own tones which inherently changes the song everything is a factor.
>>
>>63882651
I heard a crazy story this is real bill cosby directed like a composer two full jazz albums he just hummed to the session musicians what to play. Just hummed and pieced together what he wanted them to play and recorded it.
>>
>>63882046
Contemporary Punk

Simple power chords, fast rhythms, no more than 3 sections per song, lyrics that spew emotional immaturity.
>>
>>63882432
>>63883021[Me]
>>63882560

Yes this is what I was getting at contemporary pop punk
>>
>>63883021
>>63883046
Oh and yeah I'm a musician
>>
Im surprised i havent seen pop or electronic yet.
>>
>>63882046
As a musician the only "hard genres" for me are jazz, prog, classical or flamenco. The rest of genres use to be easy, pop, rock, funk, reggue, punk, hip hip.. all are 3 or 4 chords and similar rithms every time but depends, you can make a really good araingment for an easy song
>>
vaporwave

you dont even have to compose anything
just search 80s jpop on youtube and slow it down and download some seinfeld collages
>>
>>63883225
Pop ok, but electronic is too generic, you have harder and easier electronic songs
>>
musician

sludge/stoner is piss easy to play and I say this without bias
>>
>>63883500
Yeah i think about classical and think holy shit. Maybe it was because there were so many more. people than playing traditional instruments.
>>
Hip-hop
Coming from a musician though
>>
>>63883520
The thing thats trippy about vaporwave is now some composers build around songs but end up lost in the sea of guys who are playing 45 rpm 80's records at less than 33 1/3rd rpm. Its one of thoes genres you have to trudge through to find some element of originality
>>
>>63883601
Honesty is good Senpai
>>
>>63883658
Girls love it though.
>>
>>63883652
The thing about classical is that is "structurally difficult" but classical and baroque have easy armonies an rithms
>>
>>63882116
I played many genres and blues is one of them, I wouldn't say that is the easiest, it has similar harmonies again and again, but because of that, you have to work hard on every song to not make always the same song
>>
>>63882046
you guise are retarded; what different does the genre make? you can play the same composition in whatever genre style you want lmao. you can just compose on paper fags
>>
>>63883930
I hear you
>>
>>63884011
True memorization, practice and possible impromptu.
>>
>>63884186
Anything can sonically and tonally change within the tapes. Hard Drive, or live ththroh a P.A. or acoustically. All of thoes are factors to a composition.
>>
>>63883550
Yeah electronic music can be generic as fuk sometimes until some one builds a new patch or you get a new drum kit or synth and then their it is back on its feet and kicking ass.
>>
>>63883658
>hip hop is easy
The only people who say this are people who have never even tried to produce a good hip-hop song and just assume its all childsplay and presets.
>>
>>63884735
Its all about one's willingness to push the envelope.
Theres a lot of perspectives here now.
>>
>>63884478
in such a case ambient for sure; you can just pitch down your own fart to make a unique ambient soundscape
>>
I dunno, I play crusty death metal and that's pretty easy.
>>
>>63882282
Noise would be the easiest

Just stick an aux cord into an outlet and record it

Shits easy as fuck, and people will think you are patrician for listening to it
>>
>>63884393
>impromptu
but you can say that about every genre
>>
>>63884876
LOL Technology haha.
>>
>>63884302
>I hear you
What you mean? analyze some classical or baroque pieces, 80% (or more) of every classical piece is just I IV V or maybe some simple substitutions but really complex about modulations and motiv developing
>>
>>63884672
Shit, sorry for my "bad english" I didn't mean generic, I mean, electronic is a generic therm, you can use it to classify
>>
>>63884735
I asked about composing, the hard part about making hip hop is the production as you said.
>>
>>63884999
Not all genres thrive off of impromptu like blues and jazz. That is one of the many things that keep them alive.
>>
>>63885185
Yeah it can be at times.
>>
>>63882739
probably beatdown hardcore
just build up tension, release, build up, release
the riffs dont have to be complex or anything
>>
>>63882046
I know literally nothing about making music but I imagine house is pretty easy, most of it sounds literally the same from beginning to end
>>
>>63883790
yeah there's some good vaporwave but for every 5 good vaporwave albums there's 100 by some 14 year old fuccboi on soundcloud in a bucket hat slowing down old music and calling it original
>>
>>63885118
About the harmonies and rhythms. Many of them still relevant today. I guess to have a full and better picture of any classical structure you would have to spend a lot of time with the orchestra during any rehearsal.
>>
>>63885397
Sometimes its really easy.. othertimes its like god day three of this shit.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.