[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will producers ever get the recognition they deserve? here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hobo cubes.jpg (81 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
hobo cubes.jpg
81 KB, 350x350
Will producers ever get the recognition they deserve? here's a pop example:
Drake's hotline bling was produced by Nineteen85 and has almost 700m views on youtube along with 400m+ streams on spotify, and yet Nineteen85 has around 6k followers on twitter

I will say there has been a heightening in awareness towards the importance of producers in recent times, but still no where near that of the actual pop star imo - which I can understand, but will the masses continue to simply give little attention to producers or will it eventually grow? do producers prefer being under the radar? anyone have any thoughts on this?

>pic unrelated
>>
Wasn't hotline bling based off of cha cha? So it wasn't a revolutionarily unique beat or anything. So I guess if it wasn't a crazy different beat nobody had heard anything like before, then not many people would care about the producer.

People only care about metro because they make memes about him and future blasted his fame to the moon.

But if I was a producer, I wouldn't give two shits about my public fame as long as I was paid what I deserve.
>>
>>63882108
>People only care about metro because they make memes about him and future blasted his fame to the moon.
ye exactly.
>But if I was a producer, I wouldn't give two shits about my public fame as long as I was paid what I deserve.
same
>>
>>63881947

I doubt it, unless they cross over into creating original music. Case in point: Max Martin. Most everyone across the world probably knows a Max Martin song, but if you ask people about him, nobody knows who he is.
>>
>>63881947
I can tell you're under 18 if you care about fucking twitter followers which= ZERO MONEY
end of the day it's about getting paid for your work. not stupid internet recognition

The production in that song was all carried by drake's flow and lyrics anyway.
>>
>>63882243
>The production in that song was all carried by drake's flow and lyrics anyway.
want to know how i can tell you're under 18?
>>
>>63882276
I already know you are :)
>>
>>63882276
Whatever his age, he's right

I cannot imagine anyone else making that song what it is

and there've been many covers. both high and low profile
>>
>>63882243
the twitter was just an example to make the points that the masses care little about producers are you thick 6k followers compared to 700m views is quite a significant gap also considering drake has over 30m followers but can you confirm Nineteen85 is getting paid the amount he deserves?
>>
>>63882352
Why should people care about some producer especially in hip hop/pop where it's all about image.
I'm sure he got paid what he deserved or drake would be hearing from his lawyers :). This isn't the motown era.
>>
>>63882425
>Why should people care about some producer
because producers are important especially in hip-hop
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.