[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is James Ferraro so unlucky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Ferraro_4-resize_1200_800_75.jpg (122 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Ferraro_4-resize_1200_800_75.jpg
122 KB, 1200x800
All the stuff innovative stuff he did and all the people he inspired got more famous than him and yet his most viewed video on youtube has barely 69k views.
>>
name some people whom he directly inspired who are more famous than him

also, there are many examples of this
>>
>>63880746
ducktails,gravityboys,yunglean,the whole vaporwave movement
>>
>>63880723
I can't imagine Ferraro breaking into the mainstream. His music is too off-kilter, even his more recent R&B stuff.
>>
>>63880887
>literally who, literally who, literally who, the whole literally what
>>
>>63880723
His music is waaay less accessible than the people he MIGHT have inspired. If he cared about being famous he wouldn't have stuck with his avant lofi style so long
>>
large penises flopping up and down making streaks on the windows
>>
His level of fame is exactly where it should be. At least he's not giving interviews out under a Red Bull tent like OPN.
>>
>>63881111
Quads of truth.

Does anyone own any Ferraro on physical media? I have a couple tapes of Skaters and Slippery Beach Trashed Gamelan
>>
>>63881161
except that series is amazing
>>
>>63881161
I mean is there something wrong with that? It was a great interview. I actually got really inspired from it
>>
>>63881089
>>63881089
>>63881089

>>63881058
Not really considering acts like dean blunt and arca which are totally inferior are still quite famous.
>>63881111
>MIGHT
They clearly state it and you can hear it in their music.
>If he cared about being famous he wouldn't have stuck with his avant lofi style so long
Of course and its for better that he doesn't but you can say that his hi-fi style is going in that direction.
>>
>>63880723
GTFO james, marcel exposed you as the plagiarizing hack you are
>>
desu i feel like he IS at the same level as Arca and Dean Blunt, so you're confusing me.
>>
>>63881368
>Arca
are you kidding me?
>kanye
>twigs
>b-fucking-jork
>>
>>63881401
yeah but it's not as if fucking Mutant got the same coverage as Vulnicura.

he has high level collabs, but he's not a mainstream artist as you're arguing
>>
>>63881426
m8. It's not like Skidrow got the same coverage as Mutant. Arca isn't mainstream but he's way fucking closer than Ferraro
>>
>>63881368
You dont need to be top40 to be famous.Both dean and arca are quite famous and get waaaay more coverage
>>
I think Dean Blunt is the only one doing similar stuff that's more famous
>>
>>63881358
What?Can you link it and its quite ironic coming from marcel who literally stole a opn song calling it his.
>>
should have released a single version of Doctor Hollywood with a minute of the intro chopped off. could have been number 1 hit.
>>
>>63881174
I dont have anything yet but its quite impressive if the tapes are real.
>>
>>63881702
i thought he just slowed down sigur rios or some shit?

>>63881358
what ?
>>
I think he genuinely likes being a cult weirdo, though some of the financial benefits from more mainstream success would probably be welcome.
>>
>>63881794
It was the excerpt from the r+7 album without any changes.Look at the archives there was a huge shitstorm when it happened.
>>
>>63881869
got a link to any specific thread? I don't remember this
>>
>>63881882
http://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S52434529
>>
>>63881174
I have the tape version of the 90210 project with the guy from outer limita recordings. Ferraro gave it to me as a thanks for purchasing a lots of his tapes. But... something tells me the cassette tape is sourced from the CDr version.
>>
>>63881939
kek
>>
James wants to stay this way. He could have sold out like dean blunt and release experimental pop tunes. But he continues to release stuff only a niche would wanna hear.
even if people like kanye/yung lean gave him a direct shoutout. normal ppl still wouldn't like his stuff
it's rough
>>
>>63881958
Woah I really wish that you could tell me more about him because im really fascinated by his music and personality.
>for purchasing a lots of his tapes
Funny considering I read that he usually scammed people who bought more stuff.
>>
>>63881358
What do you mean he exposed him? Where did Marcel ever call out James for doing anything?
>>
>>63881358
marcel loves ferraro. he never said anything bad about him/or called him a hack?????
>>
>>63881358
i highly doubt marcel of all people would ever say anything like that. he understands ferraro's music better than anyone else and talks about him constantly.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.