[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is opera singing on a technical and artistical level the highest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: pavarotti.jpg (56 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
pavarotti.jpg
56 KB, 600x478
Is opera singing on a technical and artistical level the highest form of singing??

if you see my nigga
>pic related
sing with other world stars, he btfo's them so hard, like what the fuck is going on?

The discrepancy in quality seems so high to me between opera and non-opera singers. Check pavarotti singing with friends on jewtube for example
>>
maybe its just pavarotti being that good i dunno.
>>
Captain Beefheart had a wider vocal range than Pavarotti.
>>
Opera singing technique is apparently much better for your vocal chords than "normal" singing.
>>
example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVQ-RsXp3Y
>>
on a technical level undoubtedly
but artistically, different people value different things and opera singing may not be limited in terms of technique but in terms of expression it has its strengths and weaknesses like everything else
>>
>>63878262
good post
>>
>>63878262
what is exactly the technique behind this? To my untrained ears Opera sounds more consistent, peaks are extended/plateaued, and it's quite louder than normal singing.

I agree with your artistic point yeah.
>>
>>63878527
I'm no expert, my knowledge of singing vocals is merely an accessory to my knowledge of general vocal health but obviously breath control is important
hitting the balance between loud, projected vocals and strain on your vocal folds is really tough and something that pop singers don't really have to concern themselves with

not that there aren't good pop singers who practice a lot of the same technique and sing well, but opera DEMANDS it
>>
My great aunt sung opera at an international level. She's now the director at an opera house in San Francisco. I've never met her, but it's neat to know we've have exceptional music talent in the family.
>>
>>63878527
Opera was stadium rock before sound systems were invented. They had to project what they were singing to the back of a venue without mic and speakers.
>>
>>63878686
thats pretty patrician of you
>>
>>63878175

to get to his lvl is almost imposible

1)Voice Pitch
2)His Tablature range
3)His feeling, his ability to express them
4)To be an opera singer u must have the body (diafragma, torax cage, etc) to get does notes, practice wont do
5)Vesti la Giuba

God made him like that so we could bask in his pressence
>>
>>63878719
It's still not him.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.