[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
electron mosic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
>i love rock and i think dubstep is shitty skrillex music rubbing your hands on a disk
>im 12 but i have great music taste i listen to rock and jazz *tips fedora*
>not real music

Electronic music is just as viable as other types of music. There isnt such thing as fake music and real music. I'm not hating on other genres, and I like more genres than just dubstep (rap is cool too), but electronic music is hated for all the wrong reasons, because apparently all it is is pressing buttons.

discuss
>>
Name one thing that was primarily electronically produced that made your cry or move you emotionally.

I dare you.
>>
>>63875989
woah edgy, were you listening to evanescence by any chance?
>>
>>63875989
Not op, but Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music, Depressive Silence - Depressive Silence II, Fearofdark - Motorway, Ryoji Ikeda - Dataplex, Skalpel - Skapel
>>
>>63875989
Some Death Grips songs. Up My Sleeves is one example off top. My friend.
>>
>>63876028
No, I was listening to Mozart's 14th String Quartet in G major.
>>
>>63875989
Aphex Twin - Lichen
>>
>>63875989
Thanks, you backed me up. I dont listen to music to move myself emotionally, or to cry. It depends on the mood.

Haywyre is pretty cool, too bad he joined monstercat and his fanbase is shit.

Then there is the same old Daft punk, even if its cliched, its still a really good eaxmple.
>>
>>63876122

ok
>>
>>63875874
Electronic music isn't a fucking genre,faggot I bet you listen to shitty electro country like avicii
>>
Christ these threads are embarrassing
>>
>>63876234

i never said that, electronic music is an umbrella term. learn to pay attention
>>
No one is saying "electronic music isn't real music" any more.

In the 2010s this shit has actually become REALLY popular and now every guy and his dad wants to be a "cool DJ".

It's really fucking boring now because electronic music has the potential to be brilliant, but most of it is really stale and there are as many shit and boring producers today as there were shit and boring indie bands 10 years ago.
>>
I enjoy trip-hop, instrumental hiphop and downtempo as much as I do rock and metal, but when it comes to live perrformances I don't think there's much of an argument. Live instrumentation performances are just much more engaging than electronic performances.
>>
>>63876406
Electronic music is just like post-rock. A genre with so much potential that was ruined by copycats
>>
>>63876445
That's some pretty dumb shit that you said no matter which way you look at it fampai.
>>
You can listen to a pianist or guitarist or whatever and get a kick out of the labor and creativity involved in what they're doing, with bleeps and boops you can't tell if they've used a preset and knocked up a track in an hour or if they've slaved away at it for years.
There's no craft to it.
>>
>>63876516
This to a certain extent.
>>
>>63876516
op here

I get your point, but there are numerous artists who improvise. For example, Haywyre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGeNoml0OHc
>>
>>63876516
labor i can understand, if that's something you like in music
but there's no more creativity in playing a piano next to playing a synth
and less if you produce a whole track
>>
>>63875989
The Books - The Lemon of Pink
Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
Baby Zionov - What A Cool Life
weyheyhey !! - Harlott
Ryoji Ikeda - Dataplex
Pepe Bradock - Burning
Ametsub - 2 Cats
Suicide - Frankie Teardrop
Daft Punk - Harder Better
Autechre, Boards of Canada, Prodigy
Akufen - Deck The House
ShockOne - Polygon
We TM - As Is.

>>63876082
Dataplex <3
Not a big fan of Kashiwa though
>>
>>63875989
opn - commissions i
>>
>>63876234
Well, it's a genre in the same way rock or jazz is if with electronic music you mean music derived from electro (just like rock n roll or dixieland) and not just everything produced through electronic means.

>>63876445
Post rock didn't have a lot of potential though

>>63876516
If you can't tell the difference between good and bad electronic music I doubt you could do the same for non-electronic music too. Spending a lot of time doing something doesn't make you good at it.
>>
>>63877185
You can go out and buy exactly what whoever you want to copy uses and apply their settings, etc and there you go.. You have their sound and track basically. Go find a piano and see if you can do this with zero to little expertise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Cs_zb4q14
>>
>>63877282
Not really. Try doing that with an artist like Autechre, who even made their own programs to make their music. You can't just go and copy their sound, you can try to emulate it, but you will never get the exact same sound, just like it happens with instruments.
>>
>>63877363
Easier than you think. I'm kicking myself for not scamming on all this a few years ago when i was surrounded by all kinds of gear and had all the time in the world to mess around with it.

It was rather simple to put stuff together in a way that would pass for something acceptable in a club full of people drunk and drugged out of their heads.
>>
>>63875989
Sufjan Stevens - most of Age of Adz
>>
>>63877434
Not something someone without experience can do. Making an instrument sound like another is as difficult than making an electronic sound sound like another, at least for musical reasons (excluding the physical work or whatever).
I don't deny your second paragraph though.

>>63877484
Futile Devices <3
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.