[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tyler The Creator/OF General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1415632851_tyler2_89.jpg (307 KB, 1440x1433) Image search: [Google]
1415632851_tyler2_89.jpg
307 KB, 1440x1433
I'll start the discussion. What was his best album or work so far? I personally think Goblin is his best, even though he's stated that Goblin is his least favorite. Although I think Bastard had the best intro.
>>
>tfw I live in the uk
>>
File: 1412640953721.jpg (127 KB, 1024x710) Image search: [Google]
1412640953721.jpg
127 KB, 1024x710
>talentlesshacks.svg
>>
File: tumblr_nmwsa69NlQ1u6tx6do1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmwsa69NlQ1u6tx6do1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>>63873419
Cherry Bomb is the only one I can listen to without cringing. Wolf is ok but I feel like I can't relate to whatever Tyler was feeling from Bastard-Wolf. I really like CB though and it was my AOTY for 2015.
>>
>>63873943
he basically ripped off N E R D the whole album long
>>
>>63873419
Tyler has gotten very pretentious after Wolf with the whole "I love life it's so good get off your phone you suck if you're on the internet all day my old stuff sucks" kinda shit. Goblin is his best work...Wolf was dope but didn't age well, Cherry Bomb sounded like a giant fart. Bastard is good but very immature, goblin is a good mix of every other album I just mentioned. A little edgy but to me it works. Really dark and imo doesn't try that hard to be.
>>
Best: Wolf
Worst: Goblin
>>
File: 1442175365477.png (1 MB, 1920x2244) Image search: [Google]
1442175365477.png
1 MB, 1920x2244
>>
>>63875161
Major kek
>>
>>63874889
People say that, but then I listen to NERD and it sounds different so idk. Maybe if your definition of "rip off" is "sound kind of similar" in which case every band with a distorted guitar is a BIG RIPOFF of some other bands.
>>
At what age did you grow out of Tyler /mu/?
"the devil doesn't wear prada...i'm clearly in fucking white tee"
damn...so epic
>>
>>63873943
end your fucking life you shit head faggot pussy ass bitch cunt just go to home depot and buy rope and chair.
>>
>>63877132
>N E R D
maybe you should unmute the volume when you "listen" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXC3h95PtDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktt4CXul6lM
>>
>>63878766
Yeah that's the one people kept talking about...like I said, they sound similar, I wouldn't call it a ripoff though, any more than AC/DC is a ripoff of Led Zeppelin or something.
>>
Tyler makes some good beats sometimes but as a rapper he is so fucking corny. Not everytime, but mr. rape/religion hating/troll/im so weird shtick gets old. The only one i would even still check out nowadays is Earl, even though im not really big on him either.
>>
>>63873419
I really love Bastard. It's music made by an angry young guy, and everyone could've related to it at some point. Anyone who says they haven't had moments like that is fucking lying.

Like the Doctor said, Tyler's a good kid, he's just misguided.

I think Earl is the lyrical mastermind of the collective, tho. And I've always liked Tyler's production style.
>>
>tfw there will never be a rocky tyler album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCd6SQ67k-Y
>>
>>63880030
That was fucking great
>>
I'm excited to see what he comes up with next desu
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.