[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jandek general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 0740.jpg (53 KB, 714x712) Image search: [Google]
0740.jpg
53 KB, 714x712
What's your favorite Jandek song? What's your favorite Jandek album?

Ghost Town By The Sea and Six And Six are mine, respectively.

So, Jandek general basically. Post anything Jandek related, I'm a big fan and will be lurking. drunk and listening to I Knew You Would Leave right now and feeling it...
>>
>>63872091
my favourite jandek song is Friends and Family by Aaron Ellis
>>
File: 0748.jpg (114 KB, 816x833) Image search: [Google]
0748.jpg
114 KB, 816x833
Only listened to Ready for the House and Six and Six so far but I really like both of them. "European Jewel (Incomplete)" is amazing. Looking forward to the later versions...

This is one of my favorite Jandek album covers. What is your favorite? Also asking any future posters
>>
this is the only jandek I've ever heard but I think its really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJaS_PjVIR0
>>
>>63872120
The other European Jewel versions aren't really melodic in the same way, but they're cool. Which did you prefer? Nine Thirty is really good, check it out if you like the cover. Not a bad way to choose an album to listen to. In any case, my favorites other than Six And Six are probably Living In A Moon So Blue, Staring At The Cellophane, Foreign Keys and Graven Image. really hard to choose though. all his albums are good, at least up until he went live.
>>
>>63872124
that album (One Foot In The North), Follow Your Footsteps, Blue Corpse or You Walk Alone are more "pop"y like that, and are all really good.
>>
File: 0746.jpg (82 KB, 867x864) Image search: [Google]
0746.jpg
82 KB, 867x864
>>63872120
oh, if you meant favorite covers, probably the rocks crumble or your turn to fall, but I love them all
>>
anyone like taking "jandek"-y photos? I've taken a few, can post them if anyone's interested.
>>
>>63872146
>>63872174
I did mean favorite covers (because I just like their style a lot and find them interesting), but both your answers are much appreciated.

I prefer Ready for the House at the moment, but I've listened to it more than Six and Six, which I should probably spend some more time with.
>>
>>63872215
Ready For The House sounds "amateurish" to me (if it's not weird to describe one Jandek album as that, to contrast it to the others). Six And Six represents what's best about Jandek, which is that you want to listen to it when you're too devastated to listen to anything else... much better lyrics, at least, and some beautiful, droney, harmonic moments. Ready For The House is for better or worse an anomaly in his discography
>>
I really like Worthless Recluse, but that's not really much of a 'song,' is it?

>>63872212
Yes! Please do!
>>
File: IMG_0543.jpg (826 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0543.jpg
826 KB, 2448x2448
>>63872380
I guess I'll post those I've ended up not thinking I'd use as album covers myself
>>
>>63872400
you're photos a shit
>>
File: IMG_0554.jpg (557 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0554.jpg
557 KB, 2448x2448
>>63872400
aw, it's sideways
>>
>>63872427
well fuck this if they're all going to be sideways
>>63872412
yours is worse
>>
bumping for the rep
>>
When the telephone melt
>>
this guy was insufferable live
>>
>>63872091
i have no idea who the fuck that is. where do i start?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.