[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never heard Deerhunter in my life, where should I start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I've never heard Deerhunter in my life, where should I start and what am I in for?
>>
File: Cryptograms.jpg (654 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cryptograms.jpg
654 KB, 1000x1000
>>63867675
>>
>>63867675
Pretty good dream pop band with psychadelic and ambient influences, for the most part.

If you like more direct shoegaze/dream pop/neo psych go with Microcastle and Weird Era Cont.

Halcycon Digest is more low-key on the shoegaze and more experimental, although still very accessible.

Cryptograms is like a shoegaze, psych and krautrock hybrid (and their best imo)

Turn It Up Faggot and Monomania are more punkish/garage rockish.

Then there's Fading Frontier that's full dream pop and really accessible too, and Fluorescent Grey, shoegazish stuff in the vein of Microcastle.

Have fun OP be sure to check out Lotus Plaza and Atlas Sound too.
>>
Retarded overrated bullshit

You can thank P4K for their popularity btw
>>
>>63867967
kys
>>
>>63867985
It's ok, there was a point in my 'lolsoindie' career where I tricked myself into thinking I liked them too, just like AnCo. Then I decided that being a faggot wasn't for me.
>>
>>63868076
>tripfag
>says he's not a faggot
wew lad
>>
>>63868076
euronymous was a pussy fuck you.
>>
>>63868076
>career

It isn't a paying job, buddy.
>>
>>63868076
(You)
>>
>>63868076
What music should I listen to then? Curious as to what music you're into.
>>
>>63867675
Well, that album

Halcyon is the best but it's too polished
>>
Halcyon Digest is probably the best rock album of this decade if we're talking p4k-core. But memes aside, they're better than most p4k-core.
>>
>>63867675
Start with this amazing live performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_hKjvX3xX0

Then listen to Microcastle
>>
>>63867675
>crucified upon a cross

Plain retarded lyrics for one.
>>
For ages I thought Deerhunter = The Dear Hunter because I'm a dumbass
>>
Boring as fuck
>>
I've listened to Halcyon Digest, Microcastle, and Weird Era Cont. all multiple times and could not tell you a single song off of any of them or even what the band sounds like.
>>
>>63868633
Not even Nothing Ever Happens?
>>
>>63868724
Doesn't even ring a bell.
>>
>>63867675
Start with Microcastles. Lay on your bed in a dim room and hit play. Don't do anything else, just listen to the music and you will probably enjoy it
>>
>>63868511
the Helicopter one is top-tier too.
>>
microcastle/ weird era cont/ rainwater cassette are the height of their rock sound, before that they are more experimental with some gems inbetween(flourescent grey ep, rainwater exchange) and after those three records they went more to a pop sound. for some reason the casuals and normies all enjoy HD, it is a good record even if i like the other ones more, after monomania has some good songs but the whole record is hard to listen to cause of the really unnecessarily overdriven vocals on like every track, the new album is ok i guess
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.