[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Wow this is actually really good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 2216b29a.jpg (207 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
2216b29a.jpg
207 KB, 591x591
ITT: Wow this is actually really good
>>
A little hipster to me but OK
>>
>>63867259
this album is damn good. don't the rest of /mu/ ruin it for you with their inevitable panning
>>
File: MI0003517243.jpg (43 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
MI0003517243.jpg
43 KB, 400x397
>>
>>63867259
One of my favorite albums ever
>>
inb4 yellow house is better
(imo it is though)
>>
i like it

the opener is amazing
>>
File: The Walkmen - Bows & Arrows.jpg (556 KB, 1429x1429) Image search: [Google]
The Walkmen - Bows & Arrows.jpg
556 KB, 1429x1429
>>63867259
i've always been impressed by grizzly bear. their records sound like music that would be very hard to accomplish live, but they're great live.
>>
>>63867259
one day
i will force my kids
to listen to it
6^)
>>
>>63867259
>>63867328
>>63867448
It is good, but it's a disappointment given that they released YH and Veckatimest prior. It's like Vt but less bold and interesting. Half Gate is fantastic though.
>>
I actually forgot I had this album. Thanks for reminding me op.
>>
Yet Again is my favorite Grizzly Bear song
>>
thank you, i didn't know them
>>
>>63867259
I love this album but me and my ex used to sit in my apartment and nap in each other's arms listening to Grizzly Bear so it's kind of permanently ruined them for me.
>>
i fucking hate this band. they had a good thing going in yellow house >>63867474 but then they turned to cringey white boy indie rock. they do not know how to rock, they are fucking awful trying to rock live. they are great at "postmodern folk" though. the best. this album is shit and i hate you for liking it and supporting them selling out to normies.
>>
>>
grizzly bears fanbase post-veckatimest is a bunch of teenagers that think they are hipster. i want nothing to do with them, they asked for this by making shitty sellout indie rock
>>
>>63870922
that's not what postmodern means
>>
>>63867259
sleeping ute is my SOTY 2012
>>
>>63867259
diebenkorn?
yeah, hes the bomb
>>
I fucking hated this album. Yellow House was something truly exciting and Veckatimest was a worthy follow up but this album was so uninspired. The songwriting is lazy, the only interesting things on this is what's wrong and the closer (which is brilliant and more akin to yellow house era)
>>
Hated it at first, but it really grew on me. Some tracks are still a bit weak, but there's some serious groove going on on some other like New Person, Same Old Mistakes.
>>
also check out the b-sides
https://soundcloud.com/grizzlybearband/will-calls-marfa-demo
>>
>>63868299
I like it more than both of those desu

I love them all though
>>
>>63872301
I love that track to pieces. Made me buy the expanded edition back when it dropped.
>>
>>63867474
this t b h
also horn of plenty. the band has been on an infinite downhill since, although some songs on veckatimest were pretty good
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.