[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, shit. The old pothead outlasted all his peers. Whoda thunk it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: u mad.jpg (140 KB, 1312x600) Image search: [Google]
u mad.jpg
140 KB, 1312x600
Well, shit. The old pothead outlasted all his peers. Whoda thunk it.
>>
weed makes you live longer
>>
He still does shows, he'll be fine
>>
>>63862358
No it makes you look older thus giving you the appearance that you've lived longer
>>
Has wille ever sung a good song by himself? Please prove. I want to like him.
>>
Didn't FY off himself?
>>
willie nelson is phony country
>>
>>63862700
Uncloudy Day is pretty good, that's also one of my mom's favorite songs.
>>
>>63862358
no weed is fucking terrible for you dude thats why its illegal

it kills your brain and gives you lung cancer
>>
That was a little unexpected because Merle was performing in my area a few months ago and seemed perfectly fine and healthy, but when you're almost 80 you often can't survive a respiratory infection that would be no more than a nuisance to younger people.

Then again, hell, he did as much drugs as Willie in his lifetime.
>>
>>63862724

Not bad. Can't compete with Waylon though. Not sure how Wille is so much more famous.
>>
I forgot to include Waylon on the pic. Oops.
>>
>>63862806
Sheer longevity? Better marketing? IDK.
>>
File: 1448944816157.jpg (179 KB, 997x750) Image search: [Google]
1448944816157.jpg
179 KB, 997x750
I was a highwayman

Along the coach roads I did ride

With sword and pistol by my side
>>
>>63862701
Yes, he was upset that in the 90s all of the country radio stations were replacing the outlaw generation with the younger Alan Jackson guys. He couldn't handle it and kind of...blew his head off.
>>
>>63862953

Song feels forced. Why would a group of outlaws work together?
>>
>>63862340
Jerry Lee Lewis is still kicking though IDK whether you count him because he didn't start out as a country artist.
>>
>>63863077
don't forget kris kristofferson
he was a highwayman too :(
>>
IDK how George Jones got lumped in with those guys since aside from being the same age he had not much else in common.
>>
Kris Kristofferson is still around though.
>>
>>63862982
>I don't know what a gang/posse is
>>
Willie is still pretty good for his age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48G93ldpbfA
>>
>>63862358
Guess they should have smoked marijuana in Muskogee
>>
David Allan Coe's still around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzcLcUjIPcQ
>>
>>63864560
Gee, when you consider that he has an entire decade on Bob Dylan and Dylan can't sing or play guitar anymore at all, let alone standing up.
>>
>>63863908
it scares me that people still come here after so long

like fuck i need to leave
>>
>>63864766
Dylan has done probably 400% more shows than Willie Nelson. In fact if setlist.fm is accurate, he's just about the record holder for most live shows by any living artist. He's never done fewer than 70 a year since the mid-80s and especially at his current age, the amount of touring he does is insane.
>>
>>63862340
Kris Kristofferson is still kicking
>>
>>63864902
>implying propping up a mumbling corpse on stage is a "show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWq_mEXqmyo
>>
correlation =/= causation
>>
>>63865156
Ewww...
>>
>>63865156
That's really not that bad compared to a lot of his shows. You can't really make out any of the words except the bridge, but his voice isn't quite as raspy as when he appeared at the Grammys a few years ago and...yeesh.
>>
These cats were mighty good, but everyone has to go sometime.
>>
>>63865953
Quiet you, you've been dead for 39 years.
>>
>>63864838
get out while you can anon
I was here for too long and now no matter how hard or how long i try to stay away my soul is bound here
>>
File: BingPipe1.jpg (34 KB, 578x640) Image search: [Google]
BingPipe1.jpg
34 KB, 578x640
>>63865975
I'm not dead enough to put you over my knee you slob.
>>
>>63862806
cuz weed lulz
>>
File: rkf.png (120 KB, 1554x620) Image search: [Google]
rkf.png
120 KB, 1554x620
>>63862806
>>
>>63866730
Geez, we get it, Bob. You're not a fan of Black Sabbath.
>>
>>63862700
Have you not heard Red Headed Stranger?
>>
Willie wrote Crazy for Patsy Cline, he deserves his dues for that.
>>
>>63867415
This guy knows. Red Headed Stranger all the way.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.