[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zc 4Bct5m3c This bitch is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zc4Bct5m3c

This bitch is opening for Swans at their two upcoming shows in NYC

what is gira thinking

this isnt "avant garde" this is a cringeworthy test of patience and display of faux artistry
>>
Rape
>>
>>63856655
This sounds pretty incredible actually.
What are you thinking?
>>
gets particularly embarrassing at 11:00 in
>>
>>63856655
>this isnt "avant garde" this is a cringeworthy test of patience and display of faux artistry

my thoughts on swans
>>
>>63856705
yea bro cus swans are trying to be soooooo avant-garde
>>
>>63856705
me too to some extent, she is so much worse

i wonder if she ever could play her instrument and just developed into this "style" or maybe she just bought one and started pretending this was innovative
>>
*GLASS BREAKS* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
i mean, when I saw them in 2014 Xiu Xiu opened with a noise set

this isn't that surprising
>>
>>63856655
K O R E A
O
R
E
A
>>
>>63857187
I like xiu xiu though, i enjoy harsh noise when done by electronics, but that awful string screeching is just like nails on a chalkboard though its not as fuzzy and dense as something like merzbow or the recent xiu xiu noise albums (stuff that feels like it massages my brain and ears)
>>
File: smug bastard.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
smug bastard.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>63856655
Hilarious. Me and my mate went to see Swans around this time last year and we decided to avoid her. By the time we finished a drink at the bar next to the venue and went in to the gig we were greeted by sounds of the crowd applauding as she'd just finished her last song and was packing up her equipment.
>>
isn't she on the glowing man?
>>
okkyung lee, xiu xiu, and pharmakon are all miles better than swans

gira's boring but his taste is nice

Saw Ms. Lee in Troy with Rane Moore, excellent show

sorry about your taste
>>
>>63856655
Swans fans in a nutshell
sage
>>
>>63856655
I saw her live on their last tour. Her "experimental" music is awful but as a string musician I can tell (from her good form and pose) she can play at a high level of competency but chose instead to engage in vapid "avant-garde" that non-musicians think is complex and worthy of note. She also perform in my country's National Concert Hall doing a classical performance iirc so there's that.
>>
>>63857465
you're a faggot

>>63857420
pharmakon hasn't been around long enough to be better, and its not fair to compare someone whos strictly harsh noise to someone who makes "music"
xiu xiu is too inconsistent to be better and is irritating at times
too DUDE GAY LMAO (but good)

swans has so much variety and the watching the transitions between styles is so fascinating, seeing the logical evolution is fun and getting into them early into my music making hobby helped me to understand mood, atmosphere, and "aesthetics" better

giras vocals are great and children of god and his solo guitar records are the best things he's ever done
>>
>>63857633
vocals are great and angels of light**
>>
I just realized Gira always chooses women or gay dudes as the openers for Swans.

What does he mean by this?
>>
>>63856655
This isn't awful, but it isn't amazing. a lot of artists have done better and similar things. Seems pretty random at a Swans show in any case
>>
>>63857757
hipster brownie points

hes an angry sexually deviant drunk, the main demographic that buys his tickets frowns on that stuff so he's hiding behind acts that are essentially nothing like him
>>
saw slint a couple years ago and their opener was some god awful "experimental" girl duo who just yowled into their microphone and aimlessly wailed on saxophone while some bullshit ambient/noise played behind them

why do good artists do this? is it their managers who pick these openers?
>>
>>63857420
>pharmakon
>good

fucking ayy
you can't even listen to PE right, but you still tried to pull rank by namechecking her
>>
>>63857872
its awful with 20 seconds of tolerable trill every 5 minutes
>>
>>63858619
someone was trying to fuck that girl, felt bad for her, and/or is just so pretentious that they thought it was "provocative"
>>
>plebs ITT don't know about Okkyung Lee
I'm gigglin' over here
>>
>>63859582
>plebs ITT claim to like this wank
I'm not gigglin' over here avant teens like you are a real problem
>>
>>63859612
So the Swans aren't avant-trash, but a classically trained cute is?
>>
>>63859654
she should stick to classical but even her traditional compositions are lifeless and drawn out
>cute
KEK
>>
He just wants to rape her.
>>
>>63859682
>lifeless and drawn out
That's exactly what Swans sound like. I don't see what your issue is.
>>
>>63859742
>>63859742
no swans has booming passionate vocals and enormous guitars/percussion (with the exception of the more neofolky stuff)
>>
>>63859567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7__X4XL_A

oh yup i found them. forgot about the shitty freak folk attempt
>>
>>63859778
passionate vocals my ass. The Swans are a false avant group masturbation session spearheaded by a spear-header.
>>
>>63859845
giras pretentious but his vocals are raw

post chart bb
>>
>>63859892
A chat gets a chart, friend.
>>
>>63859983
i axed first tryhard
>>
>>63856655
She's alright but it's p cringeworthy knowing avant teens will be there posting her on Instagram with the caption #avantgarde instead of actually watching her perform. Basically what >>63857563 said.
>>
She was opening for them a year ago. She's class stfu. You probably wouldn't even go see swans if they were playing in your area you childish little cunt.
>>
>>63856655
Itt: Swans fans don't understand actual avant-garde music, nobody is surprised. If she was memed on here like Swans you'd pretend to like her just like you pretend to like Swans.
>>
>>63861540
This desu tho senpai.
>>
>>63860567
You just described the average Swans fan though.
>>
>>63856679
He's a swans fan, can't expect much out of him.
>>
>>63857563
>complex and worthy of note

She is, unlike your boring tired playing which is why nobody cares about you enough to make a thread about you.
>>
Itt: Angry Swans fans that don't understand anything outside of their acceptable /mu/ memed bands. Fuck this Okkyung trash, let's play Death Grips for the hundredth time.
>>
>>63856655
Dude rape lmao.
>>
>>63856688
o i am laffin
>>
File: 1453433287061.png (95 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
1453433287061.png
95 KB, 300x381
>>63856655
It's a /mu/core pleb finds out about an inaccessible artist thread.
>>
>>63856688
lol listening to 11 min

but the fuck should open for a swans gig?
>>
>>63862053
True, Swans should be the opener for her.
>>
>>63857563
lol
>i choose not to attempt to understand the artistic terms of your mode of music makng unless they obviously ape my comfy cliches
nice one m8
>>
>>63856655
>this isnt "avant garde" this is a cringeworthy test of patience and display of faux artistry

Don't talk about Swans that way, they are a true avant-garde band, I'm better than you for liking Swans btw my taste is superior to your pleb trash taste dumb faggot.
>>
>>63862077
i see what you may or may not have done there, buddy
>>
>>63857563
>as a string musician
Did you write any interesting pieces? Or do you just do covers like almost every other player? Show me your pieces you've written, otherwise you are a worthless hack.
>>
>>63857365
So you avoided an interesting artist to see an overhyped /mu/core group headed by a rapist? Your loss.
>>
>>63862283
>rapist

go home u monkey mouthed cunt ur meme hair is 15 times worse than annies
>>
>>63862351
Further proof that the average Swans fan supports rape.
>>
>>63862137
>covers
lol
>>
>>63862420
Regardless, if you don't compose your own pieces you are a hack.
>>
>>63862377
>supports rape
just cuz i dont believe that fugly cunt got raped doesnt mean i support rape you dirty whiny sheltered commie
>>
>>63858677
this
>>
How is swans live? they're coming to my town and I've never actually listened to them surprisingly but hear a lot of hubbub about them.
>>
>>63863646
loud as fuck brutal with some grooves
>>
>>63856655
Don't you say shit about Okkyung Lee you fucking cunt. She's a far more accomplished composer and improviser than your dunderhead hedonistic rockers who play glorified pop and call it avant-garde.
Leave this fucking board and return to reddit, scum.
>>
>>63858619
Maja Ratkje perhaps?
Sounds like you have a case of the pleb btw.
>>
>>63856655
You mean Swans, right?
>>
>>63856655
I just sat through the whole thing. It's actually pretty good (not cringe at all).
>>
>>63857563
Lmao. This is too niche for her to have anything to gain by making 'faux avant-garde' music. Not everything is an image competition
>>
>>63864525
Agreed, it's an interesting exploration of the timbrel and tonal qualities of the cello. It's actually quite amazing that these sounds are just produced by a bowed cello, it sounds almost like electronically produced music at times, at others the sound of the cello is multiplied and it sounds like a far more expansive texture than that of a single instrument. Far better than anything Swans ever did.
>>
>>63858619
You haven't been listening to music very long, have you? Artists are just weird people, and they like weird things. It's why they are more inspired than those who simply look for music that fits in their comfort zone.
>>
>>63864651
Agree with most of this besides the needlessly provocative Swans comment. They're fundamentally different artists. For Swans the intrigue is in the end product, for her it's the method. I'd never listen to an album by her but I'd much rather watch her play her instrument for 15 minutes than anyone in Swans.
>>
Tom Morello on the Cello
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.