[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 71vZwxnHJGL._SL1500_.jpg (202 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71vZwxnHJGL._SL1500_.jpg
202 KB, 1500x1500
I don't get it
>>
>>63856043
dude vacum cleaners
>>
It's just a pop record with really shitty production. Sorry "a wall of noise".
It's meant to be instantly catchy, if you don't get it the first time then you will never.
>>
>>63856071
Could you please explain to me what a wall of sound is?
>>
nothing to get it's shit
>>
I was told this album was "essential /mu/core".
Have I been bamboozled?
>>
>>63856116
but the album is good
>>
Listen to it louder

Or listen to it when you go to bed
>>
>>63856071
>if you don't get it the first time then you will never.
damn it i really wanted to like this. ive forced my self to listen to this album at least 8 times and still nothing.

>pleb problems
>>
Then don't bother, it's supposed to click when you first listen to it.
If it didn't, toss the album in a corner and wait a few months and try listening to it again.
>>
Got to play it at full volume or not at all. You'll hear something new every time you play Loveless and that's why it still holds praise over all the years.
>>
>>63856102
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound
MBV doesn't really have to do with Phil Spector except by association maybe with the Pet Sounds and Psychocandy tho. The distortion comes from Dinosaur Jr. and Sonic Youth. Contrary to what >>63856071 is saying, the record is actually really well produced. It would sound like an absolute mess with everything going on if it wasn't.
>>
>>63856071
Not true. It was just noise to me at first. Then I waited a while and after a suggestion I saw on /mu/ listened to it with a bass boosted and it was great. Now I think it sounds fine as is.
>>
>>63856188
Don't feel bad. I've probably listened to it 30+ times trying to figure out what good friends and everyone here sees in it.

I still hate it's guts.
>>
get better equipment
>>
You need a good system to appreciate this gem. It's a sound engineer's wet dream.
>>
>>63856188
>>63856329
I don't think it's worth giving it more than +5 listens to ''get'' it. It's not some deep avant garde music if you dont enjoy noise pop you wont like this
>>
>>63856043
just listen to Daydream Nation 2bh
>>
>>63856188
every fucking thread. how is this possible? do you not have working ears?
>>
only "/mu/-core" album that doesn't click... i don't know why
>>
>>63856043
Dissonance
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.