[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is AnCo Over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Animal Collective.png (710 KB, 807x494) Image search: [Google]
Animal Collective.png
710 KB, 807x494
Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks - Eneter the Slasher House
Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
Deakin - Sleep Cycle
>
Animal Collective - Centipede Hz
Animal Collective - Painting With

Why keep AnCo going? They're clearly better individually at this point.
>>
Sleep Cycle > Slasher Flicks > Painting With > PBVSGR >= Centipede Hz
>>
Avey Tare is shit solo
>>
>>63853274
I thought ODDSAC was pretty good. But you do have a point, all of their individual projects are really good, not sure if I can say the same for the past few real anco albums
>>
>>63853319
I enjoy Pullhair Rubeye, wasn't feeling the Slasher Flicks stuff as much though.
>>
>>63853306
you're overrating sleep cycle a lot
>>
>>63853319
Down There and spirit is god tier pleb scum
>>
>>63853306
So 3 good full-length songs and a decent one are better than whole albums with good content (obviously excluding PW).

I can't fucking wait for this mania /mu/ gets about new releases to be done. It's a decent little EP, nothing to be ranked above those other albums though. Put this shit in perspective, plz.
>>
>>63853319
Fuck you. Slasher Flicks is the best album produced by Animal Collective or any individual member since MPP.
>>
>>63853379
>I can't fucking wait for this mania /mu/ gets about new releases to be done.
Bro, you're on the wrong board.
>>
>>63853306
Sleep Cycle hasn't been out long enough to really rank it against all those others.

That being said, I think it's good. Probably upper tier. And I actually agree with the rest of your rankings.
>>
>>63853379
it's better than PBVSGR in my opinion
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ne8C2Cw2VY\

Better than anything An & Co. have done in years.
>>
anyone got a link for gnip gnop/hounds of barrio?
>>
>>63853444
come on lad
>>
>>63853609
I didn't know anybody really cared about PBVGR. It's was overwhelmingly meh.
>>
>>63853697
Some of it is meh, some of it is inspired and actually beautiful. Tropic of Cancer, Lonely Wanderer, and Acid Wash are simply fantastic imhotbqhfam.
>>
>>63853523
this dude gets it
slasher flicks is goat
>>
>>63853697
universally good reviews? plenty of people care about it
>>
>>63853739
Hugely agree on tropic of cancer and acid wash but i hate lonely wanderer. Should've been out of the record and replaced with Jabberwocky or No Man's Land tbqh
>>
>>63853739
>Some of it is meh
That's the problem. It should've been a short EP of just a few fantastic songs. Instead, it's a few fantastic songs padded with whatever.
>>
>>63853274
PW>Sleep Cycle>PBMTGR>CHz>Slasher Flicks desu
>>
>>63853806
No Man's Land is definitely worthy of inclusion on the full album. There were a few EP tracks and even some ideas on Swallow at the Hollow (or whatev it was called) that outshone some of his choices on the album.
>>
>>63853861
>painting with
>first
>slasher house
>last

For fuck's sake. That's gotta be trolling.
>>
>>63853891
Fuck no. Painting With is the best thing they've done, solo or otherwise, since Fall Be Kind, and Slasher House is completely forgettable and devoid of ideas
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.