[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How patrician are your parents, /mu/? Here are mine: Dad: >pink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 290x166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 290x166
How patrician are your parents, /mu/? Here are mine:

Dad:
>pink Floyd
>Rush
>Yes
>Joe bonamassa
>steely dan

Basically prog-rock with some blues-rock stuff thrown in. So i'd say kinda patrician. My mom isn't particularly into music so I can't put her down.
>>
my two gay dads listen to death grips
>>
Dad
>CAN
>Talk Talk
>Pink Floyd
>Aphrodites child
>Neu!
>Oasis

Mum
>Top 40
>Pink Floyd
>Kate Bush
>Bjork
>Oasis
>>
Dad: Bod Dylan, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, CCR, lots of songs from the 50s about cars

Mom: Josh Groban, Enya, ummm some Classical I guess

Lots of well known bands, but my dad's music was the first stuff I got into as a kid
>>
>>63852530
Your father would be music pals with mine.

Dad:
>Pink Floyd (hardcore fan)
>Joe Bonamassa
>Led Zeppelin, general dad rock
>David Bowie
>Radiohead
>Rolling Stones

Mum:
>Pink Floyd (mostly Syd Barrett stuff)
>Amy Winehouse, general new soul/r&b
>bad "I'm cleaning the house" music

That being said, they are plebs.
>>
>>63852530
Soft cell
The human league
King crimson
Billy idol
Pink Floyd
Jefferson airplane
Zeppelin
>>63852574
Noice
>>
My parents are all over the place but my dad's favourite band like ever is The Cult
>>
>>63852556
fucking faggot
>>
Dad: Led Zeppelin, Black Flag, Melvins, Talking Heads, Iron Maiden, Dr. Dre, Megadeth, Kraftwerk, My Bloody Valentine, Marilyn Manson, Tool, Primus, 2Pac, late Radiohead, cowpunk, Beastie Boys

Mom: OutKast, Ice Cube, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Bob Dylan, early Ministry, anything with Dave Grohl, White Stripes, Black Keys, salsa dance music
>>
Dad:
Favourite band ever is James. And by that I mean a compulsive collectors obsession. He's seen them live over 20 times.
Aztec Camera
The Housemartins / The Beautiful South
Pink Floyd (Favourite album is meddle so not too bad)
Talk Talk
Everything but the Girl
Bruce Springsteen

Mum:
The Police
Bruce (as well)
The Waterboys
Prince

Not too bad, really.
>>
File: homerbackaway.gif (281 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
homerbackaway.gif
281 KB, 350x263
>>63852530
My parents don't really listen to music, although my mother likes Elton John and my dad likes Rush :^(
>>
My dad's a DJ who listens mostly to acid house, prog rock and pre-90s hip hop/funk
>>
>>63852772
wow so rude
>>
Dad
>80s rock
>christian music

Mom
>christian music
>literally nothing else

Growing up as a pastors kid is seriously dehabilitating to ones taste in music
>>
>>63852530
My dad doesn't really like Pink Floyd. He listens to mostly Van Halen, AC/DC, and The Police. My mom listens to Dave Matthews Band or nothing at all. Since she's a dance teacher, she's apparently sick of music in general.
>>
>>63853039
tell me about it

my father was a pastor and i grew up on 90s christian rock. its all watered down versions of good (or bad) 'secular' bands. now he's no longer a pastor and listens to whatever the fuck he wants
>>
My mom:
>Shitty radio pop and some gangsta rap
My dad:
>Dadrock and dadrap, ex. Led Zeppelin, Queen, Run DMC, LL Cool J
>>
Dad
>disturbed
>linkin park
>Papa Roach
>more edgy preteen angsty crap

Mom
>Adele
>sia
>assorted popular country

At least my mom doesn't get plastered and blast here music through our backyard speakers for the whole neighborhood. But that Nazca some nights you can hear "CRAAAAWLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN" fr outside shaking the windows.
Feelsfuckinbadman.cpp
>>
>>63852835
that's okay!
>>63852985
apologies, anon
>>
my dad let me have his butthole surfers shirt if that says anything and we are going to levitation to see
sleep, ty segall, brian, and ween plus all the other sweet bands
>>
>>63852772
Sir please refrain from using such edgy language. My dad works at /mu/ and he can ban you :^)
>>
>>63853179
your dad sounds based
>>
>>63853179
you should considering poisoning your dad
>>
>>63852530
Mom
>Michael Bublé
>Rufus Wainwright
>Shania Twain
>Diana Krall
>Eagles

Dad
>doesn't know anything about music
>listens to the radio almost exclusively
>somehow calls modern music shit
>>
dad
>King Crimson
>CSN(Y)
>Grateful Dead
>Pink Floyd
>Pure Prairie League
>Led Zeppelin
>Alabama

mom
>The Eagles
>Poco
>Michael Jackson
>Matchbox 20
>almost all top 40 from 1980 to now
>>
Don't really know much about my dad's tastes since my parents are divorced and I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to, but I know he likes all the kinds of stuff you'd expect. He also once told me a story about an Allman Brothers Band show he went to once where the Grateful Dead were rumored to be playing with them and then the Allman Brothers played their own set for 3 hours and went offstage then came back with the Dead and they played for another 3 hours together.

I still see my mom a lot and she tends to really like a lot of the stuff I play in the car. Recently:
>Animal Collective (especially Painting With)
>Swans (only The Great Annihilator, I'm not willing to play much else when she's there)
>LCD Soundsystem
>Dan Deacon
>Emperor X
>Deerhunter
>Dreamend
She's also into bluegrass.
>>
>>63852556
>tfw me in 10 years as a gay dad
>>
Dad:
>swing
>bug band
>crooners
>doo-wop
>some motown

I like all these things. It's sort of weird that he likes it to the exclusion of all else though. He is 58 or 59, so realistically he should have been listening to other stuff.

I guess he was the equivalent of the YouTube commenter who says "old music is so much better" when he was growing up
>>
>>63853223
which?
>>
Dad:
>die hard Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree fan
>took me to Dream Theater concerts that bored me to death

Mom:
>living encyclopaedia of Italian opera
>hates everything with electric guitars and drums in it

no idea how that worked out actually
>>
>>63852530
Dad "had a coke phase" and used to hang out at CBGB in the early 80s when he was at school and his library now consists mostly of new wave and Top 40s shit
Mom has two CDs, one of which is Babel by Mumford and Sons and the other is Tigerlily by Natalie Merchant
>>
>>63853404
Also his favorite band of the last 10 years is LCD Soundsystem because "they sound like a shit James Chance rip but they're doing it better than anyone else"
>>
>>63853404
Was your dad into the post-punk and no wave bands at all?
>>
My dad was a dadrocker who grew up in WA, and he kind of missed out on the 80's because he was in the army, but he got back into modern music when grunge hit. That stagnated a bit in the early 2000's when nothing was less cool than guitar rock, but he loves 80% of the weird shit I play for him. We just went and saw Joanna Newsom together. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on /mu/ who doesn't hate their dad.
>>
Dad: Plays Banjo and listens to out of tune field recordings of redneck fiddlers from the 1920s and a bunch of other folky/traditional shit.

Mom: Jazz Composition Major. Into stuff like Thelonious Monk and Wayne Shorter, but also an ex-hippie, so stuff like Joni Mitchell.

Both pretty patrician overall, but don't have an open mind about electronics or really dissonant stuff, or electric guitar with any distortion, for that matter. They like Sufjan Stevens and Natural Snow Buildings though so that's cool
>>
Dad
>Deaf

Mum
>Deaf
>>
Mum: Vangelis, Depeche Mode, Severed Heads, The Presets, David Bowie.

Dad: Dunno, he died when I was a kiddo.
>>
Dad: Journey, Luke Bryan, Death Grips
Mom: Beach boys, Kraftwerk
>>
>>63854239
>F----->D
for me
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.