[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING BESIDES HIPHOP. help me guys, I listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING BESIDES HIPHOP.

help me guys, I listen to a lot of stuff and I get that people like them but there is no music besides hiphop that I can listen to everyday.
Any other genre is boring to me.

I CHALLENGE you guys to find a song ,from any other genre, that I like.
>>
Start with Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind
>>
File: kannye.jpg (6 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
kannye.jpg
6 KB, 250x202
>>63852224
Nothing wrong with that. Technically most of hip-hop incorporates other genres. For example:
EDM (Trap)
JAZZ (old school hip-hop)
>>
i used to be that and i broke out of it by going through the mu/core and seeing what i liked. turned out i'm really into punk /ska punk stuff and just kinda wandered about from there. check out jeff rosenstock, the antlers, and the avalanches.
>>
>>63852224
try jazz. hip hop is basicaly just ruined jazz with rhymes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ac_vGlBBI
>>
File: 1457947955070.png (16 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
1457947955070.png
16 KB, 285x281
>>63852345
>ska
>>
File: angry_cheese.gif (2 MB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
angry_cheese.gif
2 MB, 500x222
>>63852332
>Taking influences from EDM is a good thing
>>
>>63852224
Listen to Deak's new album.
I'm not crazy deep into hip-hop so take my word with a grain of salt but the album is god-tier.

Buy it after as well.

https://deakinjams.bandcamp.com/album/sleep-cycle
>>
Try acid jazz or downtempo. Not a huge fan of hip hop personally, but most people I know who've tried it liked it.

https://youtu.be/sWJUsOe2bgY
>>
>>63852224
>spoonfeed me
maybe try actually listening to accesible music of other genres. There are no magic tricks for enjoying music besides hip-hop, you just have to put in some effort.
>>
>>63852224
>Claiming to like hip hop
>posts a pic of Kanye (hip pop)

No, you like pop music with rap in it you fucking millennial!
>>
>>63852427
That's going straight to the meme folder. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>63852224
I'm actually close to the same. Here are the few non-hip hop albums I can enjoy:
>King Crimson - Red
>Swans - The Seer
>Yes - Close to the Edge
>>
File: liluzi.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
liluzi.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>63852979
At least it's not a picture Kendrick sucking Taylor Swifts dick.
>>
Why do you like hip hop the best? What do you like about hip hop that makes it the best? From my perspective I think it's usually lacking a lot of elements I desire and so I end up listening to it least. I really like the rhythmic elements though. Try Led Zeppelin. Stuff like When The Levee Breaks, Whole Lotta Love. I guess like focus on the bass and drums in hard rock. Do you like Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada? They're funky but bizarre. You will nod your head but maybe be creeped out. Maybe.
>>
>>63853041
Kendrick only fucked with Taylor Swift once, I promise.
>>
>>63852345
same with me for the first part
>>
>>63852332
>names two genres

amazing
>>
Guys, I'm starting to think that rap is the greatest genre ever.

I don't know, but rap is the only genre I am able to enjoy now. And I used to listen to literally everything (from free jazz, drone, harsh noise, post-rock, musique concrete, krautrock, math rock, idm, eai, lowercase, black metal to onkyo, field recordings and many other post-whatever genres).

But none of it works for me anymore except rap.

Maybe it's because I had become really disconnected with music to the point where a simple rap verse performed by an average rapper seems like a breath of fresh air.

I don't know what to do anymore, I'd like to enjoy more music and different genres but I can't anymore. Only rap works for me now and I never get tired of it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.