[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
thoughts??
>>
Guitar layering, tone and melody was worse than their previous works. Stickles started to sound like a pirate; really tedious vocals. Nothing on it caught my ear or really interested me at all.
>>
Shit
>>
I hate it
>>
shit and not in a fun or interesting way, just shit
>>
didn't even listen after the borefest that was local businesses, coming from someone whos AOTY 2010 was the monitor
>>
Literally the only 10/10 album of the 2010's.
>>
>>63851709
why'd you say so?
>>
what about this??
>>
Definitely bloated and overly long but solid and listenable.

It was pretty much impossible to follow up The Monitor but I guess kudos to the Stick Man for trying twice.
>>
>>63851734
Nah man, i was just memeing hahaha
>>
Fuck you Mohorte, it is shit
>>
>>63851737
10/10

TMLT was way too long, most of the songs sound exactly the same, the only song I ever felt like going back to was Fatal Flaw which was literally I Fought the Law (I know it's deliberate).

They really should have gone for a shorter album, but a good attempt nonetheless.
>>
>>63851737
to be honest, the more i listen to it the more i gravitate to the handful of generic bar band and folk metal parts and care less about anything else, still respect it as a whole though
>>
>>63851737
my only 10/10
>>
Haven't heard it but their album The Most Lamentable Tragedy was the least enjoyable album I've listened to in the last three years. Forever ruined me on Titus Andronicus. They're a pop punk outfit that takes themselves entirely too seriously. P4K absolutely blue-balled them on this LP. They're going nowhere fast.
>>
It's awesome, comparable to The Monitor.
>>
>>63852017
I meant The Airing of Grievances.
>>
>>63852017
>takes themselves entirely too seriously
true but that's very endearing imo
>>
>>63851737
The battle of Hampton Roads is my favorite song of all time =)
>>
it was decent. i've really liked everything else they've done (even local business) but it was kind of hit or miss. still solid though
>>
>>63852152
More power to you, brother.
>>
>>63852106
>>>63852017
>>takes themselves entirely too seriously
>true but that's very endearing imo

yeah it's refreshing honestly

so much "indie" music has the whole slacker/dgaf attitude it's nice to have someone who cares
>>
>>63851737
My favorite album hands down, i dont like anything else by them really, but something about this LP hit all the right check boxes that nothing else ever has.

It's coherent, thematically connected and flows well into each track. An album where listening start to finsh is not a chore. Additionally the history and depressive themes resonate with me like no other.

It baffles me that they would move away from such as well produced sound. But I guess much like MGMT their one off album is not really representative of their usual sound.

Also dem lyrics
>>
>>63851442
>Stickles started to sound like a pirate
lmao
its kinda accurate though
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.