[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst stage name of an artist / band name you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: royal-astronomy-5368bebccdd6e.jpg (149 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
royal-astronomy-5368bebccdd6e.jpg
149 KB, 1000x1000
What is the worst stage name of an artist / band name you can think of?
>>
Shakey Graves always bothered me
>>
FUCKING BLACK FAST
BLACK.
FAST.
ITS A BLACKENED THRASH BAND, NOTHING HAS EVER UPSET ME MORE THAN THEIR NAME.
>>
Stupid post-rock names like maybeshewill, 65daysofstatic or sleepmakeswaves
>>
>>63847123
Don't forget the pretentious shit like "God is an Astronaut" or "This Will Destroy You"
>>
>>63847123
Post rock and emo bands are tied for worst band naming trends
>>
hoo
bastank
>>
On the flip side, what's your favorite band name?

I'm gonna have to go with Slowdive
>>
>>63847194
not the biggest fan of them but Sonic Youth is a terrific name
>>
!!!

Spelled as "Chik Chik Chik" which is the worst fucking way to say it
>>
>>63847194
TWIABP&IANATD, easily
>>
>>63847229
Agreed. Now that I think about it good band names are kind of taken for granted.

Like when a names good, you don't think much about it. I tend to dwell more on shitty names
>>
>>63847194
Swans

seriously, you couldn't think of anything neater and more streamlined
>>
>>63847194
Joy Division
Wire
The Velvet Underground
Aphex Twin
Sonic Youth
Pink Floyd

Some of my favourites
>>
>>63847019
Leave ů-ziq out of this. FUCKER!
>>
>>63847254
See >>63847170
>>
>>63847266
i actually dislike the plural noun naming scheme, sure it's concise but it's almost always lacking character

>>63847285
nah
>>
>>63847194
Anal Cunt
>>
>>63847019
I love Death Grips but I think that's a corny name. Like if If I was naming a band, I'd probably never want to use the word "Death" like ever.

Purple Pilgrims is also a pretty bad name.

>>63847194
I liked the name Car Seat Headrest for a long time.
Godflesh
The Goslings
Swans
Cannibal Ox maybe but mostly cause what rap duo would ever name themselves like that other than them.
>>
>>63847145
i don't like GIAA's name because it seems sort of nonsensical/unrelated, but TWDY is a pretty great name for a band
>>
I kinda like muziqs name
>>
>>63847019
Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat

only time I've been put off by a band's name.
>>
>>63847355
TWDY is just pretentious bullshit that comes off as "dude ar emusic is soo le deep it will destroy u lmao". And to make it even worse they play garbage third wave too
>>
File: 762.jpg (40 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
762.jpg
40 KB, 600x620
>>63847406
This.

>This Will Destroy You
>doesn't
>>
>>63847406
i kinda like that about it. band names that are a statement about the music in some way. pretentious or corny is better than bland. i agree it would be better suited if they played something like, beatdown hardcore or maybe brutal prog
>>
>>63847194
Jus†ice
>>
having the name "Brandon Flowers" would be the one time you'd want to have a stage name
>>
all those fucking y2k electronic groups like basement jaxxx and fatboy slim and junkie xl
>>
>>63847428
Yeah pretty much.
If they played brutal proge that name would be really fitting.
But with their whole crescendocore act it just makes them come off as cheesy and stupid
>>
>>63847461
>fatboy slim
>bad
what
>>
Is daft punk a great name because of how non sensical and stupid it is?
>>
>>63847537
it's great because it has a nice ring to it
>>
>>63847194
I love the prog bands that have sprung up in the past couple decades with the cheesiest, nerdiest names like Spock's Beard or Gandalf's Fist.
>>
>>63847537
It just sounds good and looks good, but it was in a review of one of their first shows or something so they actually had a reason to use it

I like Boards of Canada, Lemon Jelly and Yellow Magic Orchestra for names.
>>
ive always kind of liked mouse on the keys partially because it almost feels like they are bragging about their pianistic prowess
>>
>>63847194
Xavier Wulf
I think its sounds so cool
>>
The DJ Producer
>>
>>63847019
Babymetal
>>
tied between Teen Suicide and Crywank
i wanna be sad and pretentious but jesus i don't want it to be that obvious
>>
>>63848825
good name
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.