[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you people like Frank Zappa? His music is trash and his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: page-0016.jpg (379 KB, 1600x1440) Image search: [Google]
page-0016.jpg
379 KB, 1600x1440
Why do you people like Frank Zappa? His music is trash and his humor isnt funny or clever, it sounds very try hard
>>
DUDE TOILET HUMOR LMAO

>listening to poseurcore
>>
He's a pioneer of the brown sound and for that alone I love them
>>
When he's actually composing in serious mode, he's great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzfzsKENCbU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDZguoXA4vw
>>
What's with all the Zappa and Zeppelin tonight
>>
yeah humor aside he's an insane musician, started out by writing chamber music when he was 12 years old, and when you consider the musical complexity paired with lyrics that consist of brilliant yet hilarious social commentary you get... an even more absurd joke than usual because those two things aren't often paired

idk man his music is just cool and he didn't even do drugs *sparks up a doob*
>>
>>63846806
idk why everyone feels the need that he didnt do drugs. he probably did and is just saying he didnt for plausible deniability to not discredit his music, which is actually worse than a lot of psych rock lmao
>>
he's best when he's not trying to be funny. listen to some of his jazz/classical stuff
>>
It's kind of a shame he never gave lyricism as a serious try. He'd probably be great at it.
>>
>>63846861
>buttmad junkie upset that zappa dispels le epic druggy musician archetype
>>
>>63846953
but he was a smoker and caffeine addict
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.