[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Japanese guy remade The Life of Pablo without hearing it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: a2681297611_16.jpg (160 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a2681297611_16.jpg
160 KB, 700x700
“In Japan, we couldn’t listen to TLOP officially because of Tidal,” “Subscription services in Japan are too slow, most people are still using iTunes and buying CDs. I thought it might be a good idea to make the whole album without listening to it, (but) maybe it’s reverse thinking.”

The result is 印象III : なんとなく、パブロ (Imagining “The Life of Pablo”), an amazing outsider’s take on the album built using sample credits found on WhoSampled, lyrics from Genius, a text-to-speech generator, and TOYOMU’s own imagination. It doesn’t really sound anything like Kanye’s original (although TOYOMU’s creative decisions do occasionally hit close to the rapper’s), but it is a compelling listen nonetheless.
>>
sorry, link to stream
http://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo
>>
File: ay.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>63846748
listening to real friends currently

this is dope as shit
>>
>>63846700

>FSMH Pt. 1 is uncannily close
>Silver Surfer is actually awesome instead of a stupid track to show how much cred Ye has
>"Nikeezy" is basically a different song from Facts, and a cool one at that
>Fade is better than the original

but
>the text to speech is often atrocious
>Low Lights sounds like Wesley Willis is on keys
>A lot of songs devolve into hookless abstract soundscapes (not in a good way) without features/production

it's a mixed bag of quality. just like the original
>>
>>63846700
I...kinda want to hear more of this sort of thing. For any genre. This is a fun idea.
>>
>5 seconds in
>Blues Brothers audio clip

This has already exceeded expectations
>>
Beautiful.
>>
Low Lights is actually far more enjoyable in this
>>
This guy's version of No More Parties In L.A. literally bases itself off the same sample used in Kanye's version. Am I missing something here, or is that the biggest coincidence imaginable?
>>
>>63848259
Did you read OP's post?
>>
>>63847157
Nothing has brought this much joy into my life for at least 3 days.
>>
>>63848259
yeah nuts right??? it's from this great 90's track called "gullible"
>>
>>63846700
>http://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo

i dont like kayne
but i appreicate this jap dude way more
for doing this
>>
File: 13768960.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13768960.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
>lowlights
>freestyle 4
>actually enjoyable now
>mfw
>>
nikeezy best track without any doubts
>>
sounds like one of those VIPPER albums
>>
horrible desu
>>
Concept aside, this is pretty awful
>>
what a bloody laugh riot
>>
can i have a dl link i want to own this on my computer
>>
Just goes to show how genius his marketing of the album was
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 264x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 264x285
"oh shit my dick out" in text to speech over that instrumental
>>
>>63848259
Yeah he's found out the samples and made the songs using knowledge of the samples and lyrics and shit.
>>
File: 215-hank-hill-smoking.jpg (27 KB, 364x366) Image search: [Google]
215-hank-hill-smoking.jpg
27 KB, 364x366
>>63850768
>NOW IF I FUCK THIS MAH-DULL
>>
may never listen to this again but this is a cool idea.
>>
What's the best track?
>>
>>63851317
Fade
>>
has anyone put this on the archive yet?
>>
>>63846700
I didn't even know Japs were into Ye. I love shit like this.
>>
>>63852138

Literaly vaporwave TLOP
>>
Someone mega this shit asap.
>>
>>63852409
this
>>
File: kanye.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
>http://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo
I appreciate that someone went & took the effort to do this but FSMH Vol 1 but it has inconsistent speed with some Microsoft voice over and strange sound effects. I can hear the music but it has no heart. Overall it's an interesting listen. 増>>>>減<<<<増 by far my favorite senpai, no thumping bass but it's good.
>>
File: file.jpg (576 KB, 2677x1763) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
576 KB, 2677x1763
Is this a new genre of music?
>>
>>63846700
YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY
no but outside of fade this is pretty much fucking unlistenable
This might have been cooler of the guy doing it had more musical talent
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.