[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giving this my first listen while reading the lyrics. One track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 9c17ddf5.jpg (120 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
9c17ddf5.jpg
120 KB, 658x658
Giving this my first listen while reading the lyrics. One track in and I can tell I'm in for an experience.
>>
good for you
>>
>>63846425
thanks i guess this a pointless thread unless anyone has anyone has anything they particularly like about this album to add. but hey - it's not the shittiest post on here
>>
PPP is great
>>
>>63846407
>I can tell I'm in for an experience

you got that right. too bad it'll be a shit one.

sorry for your wasted hour
>>
>>63846523
i mean i'm a pretty depressed and love sick guy. The annotations on the lyrics are at least giving me some interesting ideas but it's hard to say if the actual lyrics are as deep.

anyway i hope u r wrong
>>
>>63846514
PPPretty! I could learn a lesson from this song about trust and insecurity in relationships.
>>
>>63846514
best song in the album. i have listened to it about 300 times so far
>>
>>63846845
Easily. Though this and Thank Your Lucky Stars aren't close to Devotion or TD, even Bloom imo
>>
>>63846407
>Not listening to Bloom first
you fukken serious kiddo?
>>
>>63846407
OP here.
Just finished the album. Levitation, PPP, and Days of Candy are my favorites off the bat.

Levitation opens with the start of a relationship and themes of youth and exploration as well as the knowledge that there are things out of our control in this world.

PPP is the tipping point in the album where the perfection of the relationship is torn away.

Days of Candy is a great closer. the lines
"Just like that, it's gone
Just like that

I know it comes too soon
The universe is riding off with you"
show the same theme of things out of our control and an acceptance of the way things are and an opportunity to grow up.

Bloom has been a favorite of mine. I need to give it another close listen now to see if it's still up to par.

Really happy I got to hear this though.
>>
>>63846985
did i fucking say that bitch? I <3 Bloom
>>
>>63847003
Glad you enjoyed it, be sure to check out Bloom
>>
>>63847020
DC feels kinda empty and dry in comparison. No atmosphere.
>>
>>63847066
yeah Bloom really does it for me but all the hype for DC on here is what drove me to sit through a full listen. I couldn't get into it on my on my own.

I agree it is dry in comparison. I think the appeal has got to be in the lyrics.
>>
TYLS is beach house's best album, DP and bloom sound too similar (its a decent sound though)
>>
>>63847064
I have...I own a vinyl copy of Bloom yo.
>>
>>63847114
word. That's next then.
>>
>>63847114
nah bro

TD>Bloom>TYLS=DC
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.