[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I care how influential a band was? That doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Led-Zeppelin1.jpg (84 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Led-Zeppelin1.jpg
84 KB, 630x420
Why should I care how influential a band was? That doesn't make their music sound any better.
Pic related
>>
>>63844083
Led Zeppelin is the most overrated 70s rock band by far.
>>
I would say Led Zeppelin are pretty good. But I agree that being influential shouldn't matter in your appraisal of the actual band.
>>
File: michiokakuondrugs.jpg (2 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
michiokakuondrugs.jpg
2 KB, 125x83
Led Zeppelin overrated? Yes. Good? Yes. Influential? Of course
>>
>>63844083
Velvet Underground is worst band ever then
>>
>>63844261
He didn't say being influential made them bad though. Or are you saying that's the only thing that makes them good?
>>
>>63844278
Velvet Underground has nothing besides influence
>>
>>63844380
Well, if you think that then sure, I'd argue you should consider them the worst band ever then.
>>
>>63844396
their music is terrible

it's music made by people who know nothing about music for hipsters who hate music
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x459
>>63844083
God damn. What's up with their pants being so tight around their crotch?
Can't imagine it's very comfortable.
>>
I loved them back in middle school. In My Time of Dying is their best song.
>>
Led Zeppelin is cancer. The only thing that influenced was aids
>>
>>63845291
guess youre not very good musician, are you?
>>
>>63845419
>>63845431
lol highschool edgimus maximus
wanna play dinotrux?
>>
Jesus Christ this board is fucked. You all know nothing about music.

Overrated? Both Jimmy page and John Bonham revolutionised their instruments role in bands, they are also both considered up there with the best ever of their respective instruments. They have countless songs that people immediately recognise. On a musical level they are one of the most collectively talented bands ever. They are in no way overrated.

As for the others, if you don't like the sound, that's fair enough, that's why there's different genres of music. But to rag on one of the greatest bands ever because of that is just stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 800x820
>>63847330
Wew
>>
Probably my least favorite of the big classic bands for sure, can't deny their influence tho
>>
>>63844083
Better? Yes it does, that's like saying black Sabbath are shit because they're simple. I bet you think beach boys are just boring surf rock too, no actually you probably call them pop.

And in terms of the music being good? Led Zeppelin's fame is basically revolved around how technical and we'll written it is. What point are you even trying to make? That the fact that you don't like them means they're probably shit?

You are why /mu/ is regarded as one of the worst boards.
>>
>>63844083
It doesn't but it can offer a new sense of perspective on the music it influenced, as well as the generation it was created in.
>>
>>63847342
Good response mate, really well thought out.

You're proving my point, faggot.
>>
>>63847381
>I bet you think beach boys are just boring surf rock too, no actually you probably call them pop.
but that's technically the more correct term to describe their music, especially if we're describing their lauded albums.
>>
>>63847330
Anyone who actually appreciates music knows how great led zeppelin are. Don't waste your time on /mu/ cancer
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448406066400.jpg (12 KB, 218x531) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448406066400.jpg
12 KB, 218x531
>>63847500
>>
File: Egg-Girl-21.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Egg-Girl-21.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>63844083

>Why should I care how influential a band was?

Maybe they influenced a group or genre you enjoy?

>That doesn't make their music sound any better.

No it doesn't.

Led Zeppelin are legitimately great though, 2bh. .
>>
I like listening to influential bands because it's best to give credit where credit is due and enjoy the ones who shaped music as we know it. Plus it's easier to talk about them with other people than it is to talk about some underground band with a small cult following.
>>
An artist being influential is a statement on his quality and relevance. Your opinion is just an opinion, though
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.