[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Similar album covers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: similar.png (177 KB, 402x199) Image search: [Google]
similar.png
177 KB, 402x199
>>
>being this retarded

>Oh, the back grounds are both a slight shade of brown and have something going on in the middle, must be similar.

jesus dude
>>
File: 137.jpg (40 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
40 KB, 320x240
Please delete this.
>>
File: these album covers are similar.png (218 KB, 986x494) Image search: [Google]
these album covers are similar.png
218 KB, 986x494
>>
>>63843722
>Both have brownish backgrounds
>Both have similar colour combinations
>Both have stray arms/hands

It's debatable...
>>
>>63843810
just drop the argument man, correlation does not equal causation
>>
>>63843894
But he just said similar looking. They do sort of look similar
>>
>>63843700
I made that comment.
>>
>>63843912
touche, still don't really see the similarity beyond background color
>>
>>63843951
They both have hands in the middle too.
>>
>>63843894
I only said they were similar looking, I'm not saying they have the same album cover, obviously not. But they have similar aspects. I'm standing by my argument faggot.
>>
>>63843951
overall color scheme and the floating hands
>>
>>63843951
Both have stray hands in the centre and nothing else, likely for a reason. Both have similar colours too. So I would dare to call them similar in aspects.
>>
>>63843700
Looks like a mix of Skinny Fists and the jewspeak on New Zero Kanada
>>
>>63843960
To me, the way they're represented/written is just completely different. The Swans one is more native american cave painting-esque while the one on the left is far more comic-book style. To me, it's kinda like looking at tomatoes and bananas, and saying that they're similar because they both happen to be fruit.
>>
>>63843976
That's all there is to it too, if you boil it down to that, then they are similar.
>>
>>63844042
When you simplify stuff to that level, it pretty much works on any argument
>>
>>63844040
I could get with that argument, but I don't think it's as black and white as "Tomatoes and Bananas".
>>
>>63844116
Fair enough, I was just kinda pulling out names from a hat, there's certainly better analogies out there (Strawberries and Blackberries could work)
>>
>>63844110
I don't necessarily agree. If you can give a number of justifications on your argument, especially when it is about similarities, then in my book, then the argument works. Especially when it is about two minimal album covers.
>>
>>63843963
Beyond those pretty simplistic/generic categories, there's no real connection between the two.
>>
>>63844218
Let's agree to disagree. I gotta say, I enjoyed this little back and forth, thanks man, best wishes
>>
>>63844226
Well consider the fact that the bands wanted to have a main symbol or focus as the album covers, likely for a reason. The symbols happen to be isolated hands in the centre, with similar placement in colour schemes. There is more than likely no connection between the two, but is it a possibility that they are similar? As my argument states?
>>
>>63844314
Just read what I have to say, and I will be done.
>>
>>63844325
I get where you're coming from, but from my POV the available similarities aren't really enough to justify it. The colors aren't too close and the art styles are complete 180s from each other, from the style to the positioning
>>
Turn on the bright lights / Kid A
>>
>>63844378
True, I hope Swans will create an album as epic as LYSF.
>>
>>63844440
Wouldn't mind seeing another Greed/Holy Money myself, but it's gonna be pretty sweet either way
>>
>>63844502
Have you listened to the teaser instrumental that they released? Sounds pretty solid
>>
>>63844526
Just watched it and I gotta say, if the album stays on track, it'll be pretty sweet
>>
Gira obviously out of ideas. Probably posted this fucking thread even.
>>
>>63844629
See I didn't know about consent, wasn't rape.
>>
Hmmmmm
>>
File: 51LdwCikZzL.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51LdwCikZzL.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
mmmmmmmm
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.