[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BRIAN! DONT FUCK WITH THE FORMULA!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: mike.png (425 KB, 793x571) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
425 KB, 793x571
BRIAN! DONT FUCK WITH THE FORMULA!
>>
File: brian-record.jpg (68 KB, 642x800) Image search: [Google]
brian-record.jpg
68 KB, 642x800
Oh yeah? What are ya gonna do about it?
>>
File: smugsmile.png (137 KB, 787x846) Image search: [Google]
smugsmile.png
137 KB, 787x846
I'll fuck with whatever I want, Mike.
>>
>typical Brian "fucking with the formula" Wilson lyrics
I'm gonna be round my vegetables
I'm gonna chow down my vegetables
I love you most of all
My favorite vege-table
If you brought a big brown bag of them home
I'd jump up and down and hope you'd toss me a carrot

>based Mike lyrics
I love the colorful clothes she wears
And the way the sunlight plays upon her hair
I hear the sound of a gentle word
On the wind that lifts her perfume through the air
Close my eyes, she's somehow closer now
Softly smile, I know she must be kind
When I look in her eyes
She goes with me to a blossom world
>>
Gee, Mike. What are you gonna do when you take The Beach Boys to England and everybody praises Pet Sounds as a work of genius and nobody wants to hear your poopy doopy surf music?
>>
>>63843109
Except that top is actually unique and that bottom is a dime a dozen love song
>>
>>63843616
Brits were so ahead, what happened?
>>
who /SMiLE/ here
>>
>>63843852
SMiLE Sessions > Pet Sounds
Not even memeing
>>
>>63843109

HEY NOW
>>
>>63843109
Except those are the only good lyrics he ever wrote
>>
>>63843875

Am I the only one that prefers their output post-Smile? Sunflower/Surf's Up listened to back-to-back is an overall better listening experience than Pet Sounds/Smile.

Wild Honey, Friends, Smiley Smile and 20/20 are all great, too.
>>
>>63843919
Holland is underrated as fuck
>>
>>63843807
>>63843893
Holy shit, Brian dorks are cancer

Before Mike Love:
>Brian comes up with a mediocre song that doesn't make the cut to Pet Sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSUR39Pt8Ho

After Mike Love:
>Hey Brian, this song fucking sucks, the lyrics are terrible. The chorus should be like this, let me show you. Let's add these lyrics i came up with while I was driving here with my hot wife. Also, fire that Tony Asher hack.
>Ok, Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

>best selling single in the history of the Beach Boys
>considered one of the greatest songs of all time

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>63843109
Van dyke parks wrote those lyrics

Mike wrote "she's giving me the excitations" and claimed credit because the chorus is the most important part of a song, his own words
>>
>>63844104

It's definitely underrated, but also not one of my favorites. I never liked Sail On, Sailor and the California Saga isn't as good as everyone says it is.

Love You was their last good album.
>>
>>63844174
I would argue that LA Light Album is their last good album. It's campy as fuck but most of the songs are solid.
>>
>>63844197

That's an interesting opinion. Most BB fans I know hate LA, myself included. I agree the campy-ness has an appeal to some extent, but not enough for me to enjoy the album as a whole.
>>
>>63843893
>All I wanna do
>Warmth of the Sun
>Please Let Me Wonder
>I'm Waiting for the Day
>Darlin
bruh
>>
Did they?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.