[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like the album art for The Glowing Man? It's pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: swans art.jpg (789 KB, 1100x1066) Image search: [Google]
swans art.jpg
789 KB, 1100x1066
Do you like the album art for The Glowing Man?

It's pretty weak compared to the last 2.
>>
idk what the fuck its supposed to be. an arabic character with a hand?
>>
>>63842194
I like it more than tbk
>>
>>63842194
i like the minimalism. the only problem i have with it is that it looks to similar to TBK
>>
It's a plane hand meme thing, of course I like it
>>
File: objectively not music.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
objectively not music.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
>>63842194
I listen to Swans whilst picking up my wife;s son from school

Pic related is the best album, Lunacy is just so lyrically deep and meaningful

"Your childhood is over" spoke to me on so many levels, literally the best Starbucks core around
>>
i dig the plane-arm thing but they shouldve went with a different background color like a brown or brownish-red or something. the dark yellow-brown-tan whatever resembles too much of tbk
>>
>>63842239
Here's your reply for your meme good sir
>>
>>63842231
this. I like the design overall, but I wish it were a little more distinct. Although I guess the point might be that the album will be distinct enough with or without great art, but still. I have to wonder how closely the artwork reflects the sound. I felt like the artwork of the last two was tied very closely to the atmosphere of the work
>>
>>63842272
>ywn be a tripfaggot cuckold hipster who unironically thinks anything by swans constitutes music

top joy
>>
>>63842272
Why do people bother to fill out a captcha for posts like this?
>>
it reminds me of gy!be. its like a mic of lysflath and zero riot
>>
>>63842194
Don't care. Still hyped.
>>
>>63842310
>4chan pass
>>
>weak
>compared to a poorly cropped baby face
you just don't like it because it's not as meme-worthy
>>
>>63842194
My autism dislikes that they're going with the same background colour as TBK. They should invert the colours and make it a red background.
>>
One of the lyrics to the title track is something like, "Joseph is cutting my arm on his bed/body," so I'm thinking it has something to do with that since you have an arm with what looks like a slash or cut through it.
>>
File: 3.png (1 MB, 2479x2479) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1 MB, 2479x2479
>>63842397
I think the art for the baby heads was amazing, and generally a fantastic cover. Never "memed" that album art anywhere and I don't care for people that do, I just think it's a brilliant cover that succinctly conveys the theme of the album.
>>
>>63842449
This
>>
>>63842412
Its just a plain cardboard background
>>
>>63842269
It's a bit closer to Lift Yr. Skinny Fists like Antennas to heaven really.
>>
Fuck, this stupid thing is what I'm gonna be seeing all over the catalog now? Gross
>>
Once I dind out what the symbol means, I'll decide.
>>
swans' covers have always been mediocre

reminder that cover art is not music
>>
>>63842299

>>63842310
why not 2bh

>>63842389
I don't pay money to use this garbage site lmao
>>
idk, i like it. it's strange and minimal, yet intriguing enough to make me even more excited for the album.
>>
>>63842194
I like it, looks sorta like a Hebrew letter so it's giving me some Slow Riot vibes.
>>
The gradient on the little icon in the center is too high gloss. That little yellow border isn't doing it any favors either. It looks like clip art pasted to a scan of a strip of cardboard.
>>
File: TGA.jpg (167 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
TGA.jpg
167 KB, 1400x1400
>>63844003
That's exactly what it is.

I have a feeling it'll look a lot better on the physical cover, maybe not still great, but better. This digital cover though looks rather awkward.
>>
>>63844066
Yeah, as far as a graphic I'm viewing on my phone screen it looks very manufactured. The Swans 2.0 design aesthetic has typically incorporated more expressionist/organic forms, especially the fundraiser albums so I'm kind of disappointed by this art.

Obviously I haven't heard the album, but I can't imagine this being a good representation of the musical content.
>>
>>63842194
whys the cover the number 7 with some shit through it
>>
>>63844152
It's disappointing, because they set such a high standard with The Seer and To Be Kind for covers. This one feels like it falls so flat by comparison, and I don't think the context of the album will improve it either.
>>
>>63843594
same, it's actually pretty good. I was a little surprised when I first saw it, but it works.
>>
It looks like an arm being cut off with a machete
>>
>>63844295
It's a Japanese symbol, dumbass.
>>
>>63844523
Fuck shit it does
>>
>>63843572

>garbage site
>unironically trips on /mu/

K
>>
>>63844570
it's true tho
>>
>>63842234
Filtered
>>
>>63844570
BTFO
>>63844636
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>63842239
good one lfmoa!!!!!
>>
It's too similar to the last one, change it pls
>>
>>63842231
>lol this swans album cover looks like a previous swans album cover
>every fucking swans album cover ever
>>
Is it just me, or do people always say "I don't like this album cover" then when the next Swan release comes out, people say "this album cover isn't as good as the last one."
>>
>>63846384
tru
i remember people not liking the baby
>>
File: dfgh.jpg (342 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
dfgh.jpg
342 KB, 1400x1400
>>63842219

It's the aerial view of a walking (glowing) man.

See
<-------------
>>
>>63846475
damn...
>>
>>63846475
legitimately retarded
>>
We could just use the white cover.
>>
>>63846812
White would be ideal
>>
>>63846841
I'm pretty sure the actual digital release art for this record will be white. The cardboard is just a preview of the physical item.
>>
from swans email:

>I knew that if I took the road of mining the past or revisiting the catalog, that it would be fruitless and stultifying
>what’s the intention? LOVE!
>I’m decidedly not a Deist
>I wrote the song ‘When Will I Return? specifically for Jennifer Gira to sing. It’s a tribute to her strength, courage, and resilience in the face of a deeply scarring experience she once endured, and that she continues to overcome daily.
>People Like Us’ and ‘Finally, Peace’ are farewell songs

glad he's not going to be rehashing old musical ideas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvNW-k0cFY
>>
>>63842194
>same color background
that's it /mu/, gira has officially drained the well dry, let's call it a day and forget this is even happening, nothing good can come of it
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.