[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend some ambient/space music that is similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 2013_sol_austan_mani_vestan.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2013_sol_austan_mani_vestan.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
Can anyone recommend some ambient/space music that is similar to Burzum's newer stuff like pic related. Astral, dreamy, ancient, mysterious sounding... Doesn't have to be JUST like it but in the same vein.
>>
>>63842030
Haven't seen a lot of people actually enjoy Burzum's new ambient stuff. I enjoyed the Ways of Yore more than Sol Austan, but it's an okay album.

Neptune Towers - Caravans to Empire Algol (Fenriz's ambient project)
Paysage d'Hiver - Die Festung
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rXczTN97A
>>
>>63842158
Thanks I appreciate it. and really there isn't a single Burzum album that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. People get too caught up in the image of 93' Varg and 'Ea Lord of the Depths' sound and try to compare his new music with his old metal. Instead of just listening to it as an album and not "Varg Vikernes new non-metal albums." If you get my point
>>
>>63842226
this is wonderful. thanks.
>>
Wolves in the throne rooms album

I haven't actually listened to it but it's an ambient album by a black metal group and the cover is space-y so i imagine it sounds similar.
>>
>>63842711
I listened to it when it first came out and I liked it. that's been quite a while though- thanks for reminding me of it.
>>
File: Through The Ocean To The Stars.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Through The Ocean To The Stars.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
>>63842711
That'd be Celestite
And as long as we're talking about space ambient albums done by black metal artists, you might check out this Lustre/Elderwind split, From the Ocean to the Stars.
>>
File: Fjelltronen.jpg (50 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
Fjelltronen.jpg
50 KB, 555x555
>>63844317
Additionally, I'd recommend Fjelltronen by Wongraven. Different in execution than Burzum and some of the ones in this thread but it's still distinctly "Dungeon Synth" and probably up your alley.
>>
>>63842030
YOU MEAN DUNGEON SYNTH?
CAUSE IT'S CALLED DUNGEON SYNTH YOU KNOW
>>
Lamentation, Arath, Scarpsein, Lord Lovidicus, Wongraven, Runescape soundtrack
>>
little benis girl
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.