[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did he turn into Hitler?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dawall.jpg (44 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dawall.jpg
44 KB, 1024x768
So why did he turn into Hitler?
>>
>>63839006
It's Nazi propaganda

Roger Waters' birth name is Roger Hitler. Look it up
>>
cuz da wurms atehis brain bro
>>
>>63839038
>Waters doesn't support Isreal
he's close enough
>>
>>63839006
It's about the most heavy-handed way of making the point that "cutting yourself off from others will make you lose your empathy," and it also comes out of Roger Waters' fixation on WWII.
>>
>>63839802
thank you anon
I thought it related to Floyd's deep fear of the government pushed in to him by his mother
>>
>>63839802
>>63839934
why not both
>>
Who let all this riffraff into /mu/?
>>
It's like what happens when girls recject someone and they go through a journey from /r9k/ to /pol/
>>
>>63840830
nice analogy
>>
Because rock stars are fascists to begin with.
>>
>>63841240
>Because rock stars are fascists to work with.
>Because rock stars are narcissists to work with

FTFY
>>
File: seasons.png (10 KB, 383x467) Image search: [Google]
seasons.png
10 KB, 383x467
He came to realize that it didn't matter what the music or message was about. Being a rock star gives you this retarded power over the masses of fans and other sheeple who come to see you, whether they "get it" or not. This is so alienating to the musician/artist that, at least in his experience, fosters this aggression and almost contempt for them all. This is what brought about the entire idea of the wall. The rage he felt at this endless sea of what seemed like thoughtless bodies. He could have been Hitler, he could have gotten them to follow anything. He could scream "I love you" and they'd cheer, or "I hate you" and they'd cheer. Complete disconnect. Combine these feelings with the alienation, the band breaking down, the endless drugs/booze and groupies and partying and touring, his failing marriage. The bitter irony that he felt like he was transforming into this hate-filled prick who stands in front of transfixed masses seeking their applause and approval, all while resenting them, and seeing himself turn into the villain. All parallels he drew to the charisma and cult of personality that gave rise to fascism and draconian populism. The very thing his daddy died trying to defeat.
>>
ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY. REMEMBER THAT, SON. DEFEND YOUR FREEDOMS.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.