[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people recommend Filth over Cop? Cop is superior.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: SwansFilth.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
SwansFilth.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
Why do people recommend Filth over Cop?

Cop is superior.
>>
Because it's where it all started. Chronological order blah blah blah.
>>
We recommend what's more accessible, you fucking dumb ass
>>
>>63838886
this

Cop may be better, but Filth is an easier intro to early Swans
>>
>Why do people recommend
>>
FLEXN
NIGGA IM JUS FLEXN
>>
>>63838921
I'm not sure I agree. Filth is a great album but it is pretty different from the rest of the early Swans era. Filth is noisey and crusty but Cop/Greed/Holy Money is pure brutality.
>>
>>63838822

Some people prefer the more rhythmic Filth, over dirge-dominated (excepting the side openers) Cop.

FLESH IS EASY TO SHAPE
>>
>>63839076
Yeah, I agree. I feel like the production of Filth would turn a lot of people off. All the abrupt cuts...
>>
>>63839076

Why do people leave out the masterpiece that is Young God? That's very much the peak of that era. The others are windows to darkness, but Raping a Slave just drags you in.
>>
>>63839179
I kind of lump Young God in with Cop. Although I think all the songs from Young God are better than anything from Cop
>>
>>63839179
young god is the culmination of the idea started in filth. both musically and technologically

greed starts heading in another direction
>>
>>63838822
Personally speaking, I have yet to be able to grow any deep appreciation for Cop, which is a shame. It's just too draining for me, the guitars actually physically drain me. I love Filth because at the core of it is rhythm, the percussion is the star of that album and it's just very easy to get a visceral response out of the intensity on that one.

I think with time I might be able to get Cop to grow on me. I do really like "Raping A Slave" I think that sort of melds that punchy production with the super fucking heavy guitars of Cop. I like "Half-Life" from Cop for the same reason.

So far it's

Filth > Holy Money > Greed > Cop
>>
What do you guys think of the remasters of the no wave albums?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.