[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw with Scaruffi's greatest classical list.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: scaruffi greatest classical.png (38 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi greatest classical.png
38 KB, 400x570
Find a flaw with Scaruffi's greatest classical list.
>>
>>63832260
>no female composers
>>
>>63832260
no music before Bach.
>>
>>63832292
>No black transgender composers
>>
File: hvl.gif (41 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hvl.gif
41 KB, 200x200
>>63832454
>they're all European
>>
>>63832260
I mean it's like 95% tonal but whatever. For the basic bitches that follow him it's a pretty good intro to classical music
>>
>>63832454
>no one-legged MtF dragonkin half-blood niggerginger composers
>>
>>63832260
>Brahms 4

What a newfaggy choice for your only Brahms
>>
>>63832535
that's fair. and probably better than just telling them to listen to Schonberg until they get it.
>>
>>63832260
I wonder what limitations he put upon himself in formulating this list. It's so hard to form a list of best classical works. I'm a violinist of 18 years and I've never come across a professional classical musician who would even go so far as to say a single work was their favourite
>>
>>63832406
This

Beethoven's 5th and 7th symphonies are better than 9th.

Art of the Fugue and the Well-Tempered Clavier are better than the Brandenburg Concertos. He doesn't include cantatas.

>Verdi's Requiem and not his operas. Choosing Verdi's requiem over Berlioz's requiem.

>Including Wagner at all

>No Don Giovanni or Mozart's sacred music

Worst Brahms symphony.

No Dvorak chamber music.

>No Boulez, Berg, Bruckner, Sibelius, Ravel, Schumann, Haydn, Schoenberg or Mendelssohn

All in all, for someone who claims to be a patrician for rock music, he's the plebiest or plebs when it comes to everything else.
>>
>>63832659
>for someone who claims to be a patrician for rock music, he's the plebiest or plebs when it comes to everything else.
>>
>>63832659
>Beethoven's 5th and 7th symphonies are better than 9th

I sure hope you never intend to make a career out of music.
>>
>>63832535
Mozart is better than whatever you listen to.
>>
>>63832260
>all meme classical
>>
>>63832260
>beethoven 9
>not 3, 5, or 6.

>schubert 9
>not his lied and chamber music

>mozart 21
>not Le Nozze or Don Giovanni

>bach mass in b minor
>not WTC or AOF or St Matthew
this really pissed me off

>shostakovich 15
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>mahler 9
acceptable

>wagner tristan
Good.

>Verdi Requiem
>not La Traviata or Othello

>bach brandenburgs
fucking pleb

>bartok concerto
>not music for strings

>brahms 4
acceptable

>schubert quintet
just why?

>bartok quartet 4
meme quartet

>beethoven quartet 14
meme quartet

>shostakovich quintet
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>beethoven triple concerto
just why

>janacek glagiotic
Not even close to GOAT

>le sacre
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>dvorak 9
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>vivaldi at all
HA

>berlioz symphonie
duh

>Messiaen quatuor
>not turangalila/des canyons/l'ascension

>debussy jeux
>not La Mer, preludes, etc

This is probably the worst list of classical music I've ever seen, if this is intended to be objective then I am fucking flabbergasted.
>>
>>63833736
this guy gets it
>>
>>63832659
That's some shitty taste you have there, friend.
>>
>>63833736
What are you smoking? Vivaldi was great.
>>
>>63833736
>he doesn't realize schubert's C major quintet is GOAT

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No Chopin?
>>
>>63834353
chopin is 4 fags
>>
>>63834472
Chopin single handed lay changed counterpoint
>>
>>63832260
well if it's anything like his jazz list than I know it's shit. also no Chopin, Saint-saëns Ravel or Tchaikovsky
>>
>>63834493
still 4 fags
>>
>Scaruffi's greatest classical list
It's a teaser, you imbeciles. He did this with his jazz and film pages. It's the lists on the right that people should be critical of.
>>
>>63832406
This and there's no Prokofiev
>>
>>63833736
>schubert quintet just why?

Uh, that's not an unpopular opinion...It generally ends up at the top of or at least 2nd to Beethoven op. 131 in rankings of chamber music.
>>
>>63835310
Can you point me to some credible classical ranked lists? So far i only scaruffi's lists to refer to.
>>
>>63833736
>vivaldi
>bad
quick, the wiener-schnitzel's burning!
>>
>>63835692

seconding this question
>>
>>63832260
>tfw no bruckner
>>
>>63833736

Le sacre was good stuff, although I do agree that more substantial works of Debussy could have made it on, or at least other French composers like Ravel or Fauré.

There's also a surprising lack of Chopin, Schumann, and atonal composers.
>>
>>63837406
>>63834642
>>
>>63832260
no reich
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.