[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M&M
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
What did people think of Eminem's later albums after he took care of his drug addiction? I remember that some liked the new directon he was going as he wasn't trying to be that underdog anymore and embraced his new status. But I wouldn't know.

I liked "Bad Guy" as it was the only one that introduced new themes, the rest of MMLP2 for example was just shallow or outright bad.
>>
this forum is 18+
it is also not the ideal place for soccer moms
>>
nobody on the internet likes em sorry
>>
>>63827773
>+18 people listen to Eminem since he's Mainstream (or was, at least)
>soccer moms criticizing him
aight m8
>>
>>63827773
A whole generation grew up on his music, pull that stick out of your arse.
>>
Relapse is a 9/10 fantastic album that really provides a tangible grip of the whirlwind of Em's thoughts and emotions right in the middle of attempting to get drugs out of his life.

Recovery is a 4/10, overly commercialized release that was meant to say Em was back and for him to regain his fanbase, and it worked, but the songs themselves lack sentiment and quality production and were WAY too chorus-based. Who the fuck wants that from one of the GOAT rappers?

MMLP2 was a 3/10, just went further down the rabbit hole of pop sympathetic radio rap, and suppressing Em's personality, outside of a few solid numbers like Evil Twin and Better
>>
>>63827855
soccer moms criticized him when interscope made their product play to the angst ridden hormonal teens, now he makes music for them to play in their SUVs
>>
>>63827745
OP did ya ditch me? I'm the only one to actually strike a conversation with you>>63827953
>>
File: Der wahre Hitler.png (68 KB, 255x288) Image search: [Google]
Der wahre Hitler.png
68 KB, 255x288
>>63828227
I wanted to, but you try to force me into a conversation which is why I have to ditch you for the moment.
>>
its shit
boring commercial bullshit with "meaning" behind it, but in reality it's just cringy shit.
>>
>>63828394
>I wanted to ditch you but you tried to get me to interact in my own thread so now I'm ditching you

Wtf did I just read

Do you have autism?
>>
File: krump.jpg (201 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
krump.jpg
201 KB, 2560x1440
>>63827745
Guts Over Fear was awful.
>>
>>63828662
I'm fucking with you. And you are guillable enough to take the b8, m8.
>>
>>63827745
Why did he ever bleach his hair? That's a very gay thing to do.
>>
As I understand it, the better his life got, the worse his music became
>>
>>63827953
agreed
>>
Em needs Dre to guide him into having an interesting concept for his albums, with beats to back it up.
MMLP was the perfect album for it's time, since Em was actually rapping about what suburban moms feared rap was about. I believe Dre made that concept, since Eminem clearly can't come up with something that socially relevant right now. The dude's just insanely good at rapping, he's obsessed with rhyme. And that's all he still does well.
>>
Eminem is hip hop for people that don't like hip hop
>>
>>63829554
You mean Drake.
>>
>>63829621
He too
>>
K, I'll take the b8 and go against the grain.

I personally liked Recovery. I liked the guitar-backed production and angry, aggressive tone Em used. Also I didn't mind the poppy songs. Not every album needs to be backpacker-certified lyrically to be good. Em was still rapping excellently, just the subject matter was more mass appeal.

MMLP2 was pretty trash overall. Bad Guy was a great track. Rap God was good, but the references were ridiculously outdated. I didn't think anything else on the album was really worth listening to except for Wicked Ways and it was a bonus track.

I just hope Em comes back with a solid album to finish out his career, but he has to quit doing this commercial rap stuff for Call of Duty and movies and shit.
>>
>>63829723
>WICKED WAYS
yeah I really liked this song and evil twin
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.