[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my friend have our first musical performance this Wednesday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 232x204) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 232x204
Me and my friend have our first musical performance this Wednesday and I'm starting to get a bit jittery about it. Any tips to get rid of the pre-show anxiety and just stage fright in general?
>>
marijuana
>>
alcohol
>>
honestly you probably suck and there will be a handful of people in the audience talking amongst themselves saying how bad you are

just don't do it and chicken out. would you rather have be the guy who pussed out or the guy who made a fool of himself on stage?
>>
>>63821721
>>63821732
Well those are what I suggested but the lead guitarist decided that wasn't very smart considering it's the first time we've played in front of everyone before. Kind of a pussy call if you ask me.
>>
>>63821736
This is my brain therfore I never preform even though everyone tells me I'm great.
>tfw I know they're all full of shit
>>
After the first second of playing, your nerves should drain, so just go in the show with that in mind.

Warm up a little bit before performing to get a quick feel before you perform, but don't warm up too much or you'll build up too much anticipation before the performance.

If it's your first performance, I'm guessing it's a small, informal venue, so the audience's expectations won't be high. Don't build your expectations that high either.
>>
>>63821621
My friend moved to Berlin to try and make it as a musician. I was there on business so went to check him out. Bought him a few beers before the show. He seemed fine. Then he started playing.

The room was full to begin with. Slowly emptied out during the course of the show. He wasn't even that bad, he just had no presence.

Bring energy and personality to the room. That's what counts most at these sort of things.
>>
>>63821747
It's actually better to make yourself look an idiot.

You really do wanna perform in front of people right?
You wanna be in a band?
You want the music you wrote to be heard?

Then fucking man up and try, or you'll be hating yourself for it.
>>
Cocaine. Seriously. You will kill it.

Don't take LSD though. Didn't touch my guitar for a year following that disaster.
>>
Take a deep breath, let it out, say "fuck it" and dive head first.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.