[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
huh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: homepage_large.bf5be938.jpg (27 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.bf5be938.jpg
27 KB, 225x225
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21596-everything-youve-come-to-expect/
>>
>>
>>63821385
I was sure Pitchfork was going to pander mindlessly to the UK indie crowd like they have with all their Arctic Monkeys reviews, but I'm glad to see they've gone the other way.

trash
>>
>>63821464
nah it's bc they're cis white men talking about having sex with cis white women and laura snapes feels objectified. 5.6 bc she was triggered.
>>
>>63821526
well i dont really blame her its kind of annoying.
>>
>>63821385
why the fuck did they think a god damn red underlining would be a good idea for links? It looks like utter shit holy fuck
>>
I liked it you guys :/
>>
>>63821526
This desu. The record is easily Turner's best work since Humbug.
>>
>>63822026
why the fuck would you mind reviews anyways?
>>
File: 1336512340237.jpg (91 KB, 700x632) Image search: [Google]
1336512340237.jpg
91 KB, 700x632
I really tried liking it since I liked their last album but man it is just so boring. What the hell happened to Alex Turner? First AM and now this
>>
>>63821526
It really reads that way doesn't it..
She keeps bringing it up passive aggresively as if it's a crime.
And I have no clue what the hell all these imposter syndrome references are all about.
>>
>>63821526

I see only one triggered person here m8
>>
>>63822026
pretty much all of mu did, which is why everyone's surprised
>>
File: 1398066319915.jpg (23 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1398066319915.jpg
23 KB, 240x251
>>63822661
>pretty much all of mu did

ebin
>>
>>63822689
Well all the threads of it it was like 9/10 posts praising it.
>>
File: tumblr_l309lqoHU61qbg3h6o1_500.jpg (163 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l309lqoHU61qbg3h6o1_500.jpg
163 KB, 500x497
>it's a Laura Snapes review
>>
>>63823404
Yeah well /mu/ also likes death grips so it's no surprise that they like this pile of shit too
>>
>>63823454
hey now death grips is great but there is just nothing interesting about this album
>>
the worst NME-core nightmare returns
>>
I was expecting more mellow and instrumental stuff like the last two tracks from their first album, this one feels more cohesive but has a couple tracks quite unbearable, has anyone listened the b-side track?
>>
>>63823559
I find it a wholly listenable album. Maybe not super interesting always, but brilliant background music for other acitivites. To me its more of a mood setter than anything else.
>>
>>63822026
>Being sad that you can't listen to it anymore because p4k gave it a bad review.
>>
>He's at his most lugubrious and lizardy on "The Dream Synopsis," a silky string-laden number where he reminisces about flirting with a girl who worked in a kitchen, when the most danger going was getting caught kissing by the pans.

Uhm. No. That's not even what the song is about.
>>
i thought the album was pretty dull and i couldn't finish it but this is a fucking terrible review. does she even say anything negative beyond criticising them for singing about girls and sex?
>>
WTF????!!!!
This was miles better than AM
WHat the hell is wrong with P4K?
>>
>>63825292
No. Literally not a single world about instrumentation or song structure/writing or anything. Who even care about those values ? We are only here for the lyrics.
>>
that review comes off as if miles kane shagged her mother
>>
>>63825298
>WHat the hell is wrong with Laura Snapes

FTFY
>>
I don't care about the score or the album desu, but am I the only one who has a hard time understanding what the album's faults are, according to the review? Picking out the value judgements from the review, almost all of them are positive

>peppered with plenty of great lyrics
>It's hard to think of more perfect descriptions
>towards the end of the record, where inspiration dims
>Turner, no less a gifted lyricist than ever, manages to imbue the comedown with a little poetry
>The first five songs at least are totally gorgeous, the strings glassy, the tone all understated seduction, the structures fluid and surprising.
>captivating
>sophisticated

That's literally every single one of the phrases where the author takes a stand whether something on the album is good or not. And there's only one sentence which is negative.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.